This easy Taco Soup recipe is a wonderful lunch or weeknight meal idea. Made with all the flavors of a delicious taco, the result is a hearty, flavorful warming soup.
This delicious taco soup does not take long to make and it goes wonderfully with warm tortillas or this homemade cornbread.
Hello Friends! Are you loving the new year?
Today’s recipe is a wonderful hot savory soup idea or lunch idea, that is perfect for any day. This soup incorporates all the flavors of a taco into a warm, soup.
I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. I also love the way all the flavors come together in a cheesy snack in just minutes too.
Taco Soup Recipe Ingredients
Ground Beef – of course, they are the star of this show. I like to use lean ground beef, but you can use ground turkey as well and it will still come out wonderful.
Kidney Beans – I always use the generic brand of these because it is much cheaper than supreme brands. These add a southwestern flavor and lots of nutrition too! If you are on weight watchers, kidney beans have zero points, so I love incorporating them in recipes.
Tomatoes – I use pre-chopped canned tomatoes to save time.
Taco Seasoning – Seriously, those taco seasoning packets work for so many great recipes. I stock up on these when they are on sale.
Onion – I love red or white onions for this soup, but yellow onions work out well too!
Tips for this recipe
I like to top each bowl with a bit of sour cream, but avocado, chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese also work well.
This soup is nice to serve with buttered tortillas or vegetable quesadillas for a cozy meal.
For more great hearty soup recipes ideas
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Perfect for cold evenings.
- Italian Wedding Soup – A soup recipe is full of flavor and warmth, perfect any time of year.
- Potato Chipotle Soup – A tasty potato soup revved up with a little Chipotle pepper and spices. Wonderful for a chilly day or evening.
- Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup – A classic flavorful, homestyle soup that brings back memories of simpler times.
Taco Soup Recipe
A delicious soup if you love tacos.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 15.5 can kidney beans
- 2 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 7 oz can green chilis, chopped
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup tortilla chips
Saute onions, crushed garlic and ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
Cook until beef is browned and drain oil.
Add ground beef to large saucepan or pot.
Add remaining ingredients except for tortilla chips and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes.
Serve in bowls and top each bowl with a few tortilla chips
- You can make this soup and double the recipe so that you can serve it easily in the future.
- Used crushed garlic in a jar to save time.
- Brown the ground beef ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. You can use it to quickly make this soup and other recipes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Thanks for stopping by!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!