These cute Bunny Cupcakes are the cutest cupcakes ever. Easy to make with donut holes and some buttercream frosting, they bring a smile to your table. Bunny Cupcakes comee together for a festive Easter dessert!
Why This Recipe
Hi Friends! Today we are sharing a fun Easter Dessert idea!
Bunny cupcakes or bunny but cupcakes have been around for a while now. The thought of the adorable bunny in the cupcake just adds to the festiveness of the day.
It is easiest to use donut holes for the bunny, mini marshmallows for the feet, and buttercream icing for the grass and tail.
Ingredients For Bunny Cupcakes
Cupcakes - You can use homemade or storebought cupcakes. I usually make then the night before so that they can cool fully before frosting
Donut Holes - You can pick these up at the store or donut shop. These form the perfect little bunnies. You can use glazed, chocolate or powdered.
Buttercream Frosting - If you are going to use storebought frosting, I recommend using this premade buttercream frosting.
Sprinkles - Chose some festive sprinkles that are eggs or pastels.
Coconut - shredded coconut adds a little fluff to the "tails"
Green Food Coloring - I recommend this food coloring.
Mini marshmallows - For the feet.
How to Make Bunny Cupcakes
- Mixing bowl
- Grass piping Tip - The best tip for making "grass".
- Decorating Bags for icing
- Use green icing to make the grass frosting and fill a piping bag with frosting.
- Cover the top of the cupcake with the grass.
- Cut the donut wholes in half.
- Place one half on each cupcake and add "tail" and "feet"
- Add sprinkles.
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- Store-bought buttercream and store-bought icing are NOT the same. Buttercream is stiffer than icing
and is the recommended option for cake and cupcake decorating.
- If you have hot hands, meaning while you are holding the piping bag the icing begins to “break” (the
the color looks distorted) inside the bag, place it in the fridge for 5 mins to stiffen back up and rub some ice
on your hands to keep them cool.
- Don't let your icing get to soft, if the grass gets difficult, you can chill the buttercream for a few minutes.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
How do you store Bunny Butt Cupcakes?
Cupcakes should be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator or cool spot.
Peanut Butter Eggs - Make your own version of this Easter candy.
Easter Rice Crispy Treats - This favorite cereal snack makes for fun Easter Egg decorating!
Coloring Easter Eggs - How to dye eggs with food coloring.
Easter Egg Cupcakes - Chocolate cupcakes with candy eggs on top.
Italian Easter Bread - A traditional Easter Bread recipe that is colorful and tasty.
- 24 Cupcakes (premade)
- 2 cups Buttercream frosting
- 12 Donut holes.
- 1 cup shredded Coconut
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Mini marshmallows
- 1. Fit the piping bag with a couple and decorating tip.
Fill the bag halfway with green icing.
Hold the piping above the cupcake, straight up and down and lightly touch the surface of the cupcake.
- 2. Continue this process all the way around the top of the cupcake, squeezing and stopping creating the
the illusion of grass.
- 3. Add a few sprinkles to the cupcakes at this time. Once the icing dries the sprinkles won't stick.
- 4. Make the bunny bottom:
Cut the donut hole in half creating two bottoms.
Place the holes, cut side down on top of the icing.
Pipe a dollop of white icing on the top of the donut hole.
- 5. Add coconut shreds to create a fluffy tail, this step is optional.
- 6. Cut a mini marshmallow in half and stick the sticky side to the donut hole creating the feet. If the marshmallows will not stick, use a little bit of white icing to glue them to the donut.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Those little donut butts! And grass! These are adorable. And we'd love to make them. A good Scarlet baking project.
They are so much fun and so easy!