These fun and easy Oreo Cookie spider cupcakes are festive and fun treats for Halloween. Made with just a few ingredients, these cute cupcakes are sure to please.
Who 'doesn't like Halloween cupcakes with cookie "spiders" on top of cupcakes? These harmless spiders make the perfect Halloween treat that doesn't take long to make.
This is one of our super easy Halloween Treats you will want to bookmark for later.
Why This Recipe
This Oreo spider cupcakes recipe is incredibly easy and is made with just a few ingredients. This semi-homemade dessert is simple to put together in a few minutes.
The result is a fun Halloween treat idea that kids can help decorate. These little spiders are actually kind of cute without being too gory or gross.
People will love these Oreo Spiders at a Halloween parties! It is also the perfect halloween treat for a school party.
Pack in a clear cellophane bag for cute treat bags.
Ingredients For Oreo Cookie Spooky Spiders Cupcakes
Oreo Cookies - You can use any kind of chocolate sandwich cookies.
Boxed cake mix - To make vanilla or chocolate cupcakes. You can also use your favorite cupcake recipe.
Homemade Frosting- Use this vanilla buttercream frosting or you can use a premade frosting.
Black licorice legs.
Black decorator icing - I like this kind.
Small candy eyeballs
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- large bowl
- candy eyes
- cupcake pans
- wire rack or cookie sheet
- If not using decorator's icing, you can color some buttercream with black food coloring). If using this method, you will need a piping bag & a round tip piping tip to make the legs.
How to Make Oreo Spider Cupcakes
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.Pour cupcake batter into cupcake pan and bake as directed. Let cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate frosting or vanilla frosting.
- Place and Oreo cookie on top of the cupcake.
- Using the black decorator's icing, add spider legs.
- Attach two eyeballs to the top of each cupcake with just a touch of frosting. They make adorable cupcakes.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Make sure that your hands are completely dry when handling the candy eyeballs or they will smear.
- You can use food coloring to tint the frosting and make purple or orange buttercream frosting.
- You can do this with store-bought cupcakes, for a shot cut to this great treat.
- You can use Halloween Oreos when they are available for a fun way to change these up.
- You can also use pretzel sticks to make spider legs.
Can I use a different method to make the spider legs?
Yes, you can also use thin black licorice pieces cut to size for the spider legs. Add six legs to each cupcake.
Can I use other cookies besides Oreos?
Yes, you can use a similar cookie such as the Trader Joes Jo.Jos or similar.
More Easy Halloween Party Treats
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats - Mummy shaped rice Krispie treats
Halloween Cookies - Mummy cookies.
Witches Cupcakes - Cut and easy hat cookies that are perfect for Hocus Pocus parties.
Spider Donuts - Cute Spider web donuts that are so easy to make!
Monster Halloween Marshmallows - Fun monsters on a trick and a great party activity!
Halloween Candied Pretzels. Cute spooky pretzels that are super easy to make with just a few ingredients.
Candied Popcorn Recipe – This fall-themed candied popcorn recipe is a wonderful way to celebrate the season.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats - Cute Halloween treats that look like candy corn!
Halloween Brownies – Cute little ghosts top these brownies made with a mix! Super easy!
- 1 package white cake mix any brand
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop gel food coloring
- 3 cups Vanilla buttercream
- 25 Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Black decorator icing
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Add all of the ingredients for the cupcakes to a mixing bowl and mix.
- Divide the mix evenly between 24 cupcake liners
- Bake for 15-18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the pans for 10 mins, remove and let them finish cooking on a baking sheet.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Place an Oreo on top of the buttercream in the center.
- Pipe “legs” with the piping tip and piping bag, adding 6 legs to each cupcake. with theblack decorator's icing.
- Add two eyeballs to the top of each cookie with just a little bit of icing.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed these cute Halloween spider cupcakes. Halloween season is almost here and I hope you have a Happy Halloween!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.