These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie. A cakelike chocolate cookie rolled in powdered sugar for a delicious dessert!
I have been making these cookies since I was a child. I remember how much fun it was to bake cookies with my mother. These are fun for a cookie exchange too!
How is your week going? It’s baking season in our house. Well, to be honest, we bake all year but this season, we are especially into cookie baking. We often send cookie trays along to friends and family.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty holiday cookie to enjoy with a hot cup of cocoa or to bake for the family.
These are perfect year-round but we tend to think of them at Christmas time.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful Christmas cookie idea for holiday parties or cookie exchanges.
For more great recipes ideas
- Crisp Sugar Cookies – These are the perfect sugar cookie for sprinkling with sugar or icing.
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies – A soft chocolate chip cookie with dried cranberries – perfect for the season!
- Iced Toffee Cookies – Soft toffee cookies with a light vanilla icing.
- Gingerbread Cookies – A delicious way to celebrate the season with the sweet taste of gingerbread!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies – Peppermint and white chocolate come together in a tasty cookie!
You likely have most of these items in your pantry. I wanted to highlight a couple of the main ingredients:
Chocolate – of course, they are the star of this show. You will want to use unsweetened baking chocolate for this recipe. I like to use
Flour – I use all-purpose flour.
Egg– When baking, it is best to have eggs be at room temperature. I usually pull out the eggs about an hour before I start baking.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (4 squares)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking pownder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, mix together oil, chocolate and sugar.
2 Add eggs one at a time and mix after each.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Mix well and cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°.
6. Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in powdered sugar.
7. Place on a baking sheet about 1 1/2 " apart as they will spread.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes.
9. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
- Use parchment paper to line your baking pans. It cuts down on the cleanup and cookies don’t stick to your pan.
- Be sure to make the cookies the same size for easy baking.
- Prepare the dry ingredients ahead of time and store them in a mason jar or zip bag.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.