This easy strawberry blueberry shortcake recipe is a wonderful way to enjoy a colorful fruit dessert. The strawberries and blueberries also pair well for a festive red white and blue dessert for patriotic holidays.
Why This Strawberry Blueberry Shortcakes Recipe?
Strawberry blueberry cupcakes are super easy to make with fresh summer berries. These are perfect for a summer barbecue or 4th of July party
This is an easy no bake shortcake recipe. No need for the oven at all.and these little cakes can be ready in minutes. Such a great way to enjoy fresh produce.
This delicious recipe only requires a few simple ingredients
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- fresh blackberries
- fresh raspberries
- mini spongecakes or angel food cake.
Be sure to only use fresh berries for this recipe.
See recipe card for quantities.
Step by Step instructions
Step one: Wash all berries. You can mix strawberries and raspberries
Step Two: Prepare the frosting. Blend on medium or high speed until stiff peaks form.
Step Three: Layer the berries over the bread.
Step four: Top with frosting
Hint: You can add a bit of sugar to the berries for a little more sweetness.
Substitutions & Variations
- Whipped Cream - You can skip the frosting and use whipping cream.
- Fresh Fruit -Play around with other fresh fruits
- Shortbread - You can substitute homemade biscuits, angel cake food slices or pound cake.
- large bowl
- hand or stand mixer
- parfait cups, mason jars or stemless wine glasses.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator separately.
You can coat the berries with a little lemon juice to help keep the fruit fresh.
For Sweet strawberries you can add a teaspoon of sugar to the fruit.
More Summer Dessert Recipes
More Desserts for Patriotic Holidays
Red White and Blue Trifles - these cake and cream trifles are beautiful and delicious!
Fourth of July Cupcakes - Swirl the colors in both the mix and the frosting.
Fourth of July Pretzels. Fun and simple patriotic pretzels.
Red White and Blue Ice Cream. A fun and festive Red White and Blue no-churn ice cream.
Strawberry Blueberry Shortcake
Blueberry strawberry shortcake
- 8 sponge cake dessert shells
- 3 oz strawberries diced
- 3 oz raspberries
- 3 oz blueberries
- 3 oz blackberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 package cream cheese room temperature (8 ounces)
- ¼ cup milk at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- For the frosting: add sugar, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla to a large bowl. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to mix until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides as needed. Continue mixing until frosting reaches a fluffy and creamy consistency.
- Frost each shortcake by spooning the frosting and then cover with the berries.
- The leftover berries can be placed on the plate next to each shortcake.
Can use heavy cream in place of the milk, if you would like fluffier frosting.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!