This Blueberry pie ice cream is a creamy and delicious ice cream recipe for summer!
This is an easy homemade ice cream made with fresh blueberries and cream.
Why This Ice Cream Recipe Rocks
This is an easy no churn ice cream recipe. There is no need for an ice cream maker or an ice cream machine. All you need is your freezer.
The ice cream is creamy and delicious!
I like to serve it in small jars.
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- heavy cream
- egg yolks
- sugar - granulated white sugar works best
- vanilla extract
- blueberries - be sure to use fresh.
- lemon - you will use the juice and zest from the lemon.
- pie crust - you can use a store bought baked crust.
See recipe card for quantities.
This ice cream is very simple to mak.
Step One: Wash and prepare fruit. Let drain. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. In a saucepan, add egg yolks, ½ sugar and vanilla
Step Two: .Whisk until blended. Bring to a boil. Let cool to room temperature.
Step Three: In a second saucepan, mix blueberries, ½ cup sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Bring to a boil.
Step Four: Add cream mixture to berry mixture. Crumble the pie crust. Add the pie crust pieces to the mixture and transfer to a medium bowl or pan Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 5 hours.
Before you know it, you will have a wonderful homemade blueberry pie ice cream.
How To Make Pie Pieces
Hint: In order to make the pie pieces, I use the rolling pin method. Place a pie crust in between two pieces of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to break up the crust.
You can substitute other fruits for the blueberries
- Cherries - You can use cherries instead of blueberries for a cherry pie ice cream.
- Strawberries - You can use strawberries instead of blueberries for a strawberry pie ice cream.
- Blueberry filling - You can use 1 cup of prepared blueberry pie filling in place if fresh blueberries..
- Pie - Pour the ice cream mixture into a graham crackers crust and make a fun ice cream pie.
- Blueberry Ice Cream - You can skip the pie crust and make blueberry ice cream with this recipe.
- medium saucepans
- large bowl or pan (freezer-safe)
Store in an airtight container in your freezer.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
More Great Ice Cream Recipes
Check out these other no churn ice cream flavors below:
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ cups Sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Pie crust
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Wash and prepare fruit. Let drain. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks.
- In a saucepan, whisk cream with yolks, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil. Let cool.
- In a separate saucepan, mix blueberries with ½ cup of sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Cool it.
- Add cream mixture to berry mixture. Crumble the pie crust. Add the pie crust pieces to the mixture and transfer to a freezer-safe medium bowl or pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 5 hours.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.