My Vanilla Cinnamon mug cake is a great way to have a little dessert with very little effort and clean up. This recipe took several attempts to get the recipe just right. I wanted a light and fluffy cake that was not doughy in the center.
If you are not familiar with a mug cake, it is a cake you can mix together in a mug and bake in the microwave for about 90 seconds. Now that is a time-saving dessert recipe!
I used a 12 oz mug, but you could use a smaller one too.
The result is a cupcake-sized treat that is perfect for an after-school snack or a dessert.
It is so easy to put together. Once it is cooked, you can decorate with a little whipped topping and sprinkes. It was so easy, I decided to show what I did with it once it was cooked in this Vine video:
Vanilla Cinnamon Mug Cake Recipe
- smidge of butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of cinnamon
- coat mug with a smidge of butter
- mix all other ingredients except topping together in mug
- Cook in microwave 90 seconds
- Check with a toothpick to ensure it comes out clean
- Depending on you microwave, you may want to add 10 - 15 seconds
- Let cool about 30 seconds and you can out on a plate
Let me know if you try it! Have you made a mug cake before?