These easy baked meatballs are so juicy and flavorful that they actually make a great dish on their own. They are very kid-friendly too!
Made in your oven, these are great for pastas, soups and stews. Or serve them with a sauce as a tasty appetizer!
This post contains affiliate links.
I like making my own meatballs so that I can use the best meat I can get. You can also make this with turkey too!
It takes just a few minutes to put together and the addition of cilantro compliments the beef well. You can also substitute turkey if you want. I have never tried these with ground chicken, but I bet they would taste great.
I love adding cilantro for a bit of additional flavor, but you can add basil too as an alternative. They bake nicely in the oven so no need to fry in oil. They will be ready for eating as an appetizer, or ready to elevate your pasta our soup recipe.
Use your clean hands to roll the meatballs. It is super easy to do and it is actually kind of fun.
When they are done, they are so juicy and tender and flavorful. I like to eat them with a little tangy sauce for appetizers, with a marinara sauce for spaghetti and meatballs and in my simple meatball soup recipe.
Easy Baked Meatballs Recipe
Easy Baked Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon onions minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In mixing bowl, bet egg.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together until well blended, it is best to use your hands.
- Form the meat mixture in balls (about 1 1/2″ each) and place on a greased or dark cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Time-saving Tip for Cooking
You can use store-bought breadcrumbs to save some time if you do not have old bread or crackers. I like these.
You can use dried minced onion to replace fresh onion.
Don’t have cilantro? You can use 1 teaspoon dried coriander instead.
Make extra meatballs and store in the freezer for the next meal. Let them cool completely and store in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and use when you need them. Frozen meatballs are best when used within four months, although they will keep longer.
For more great easy appetizer recipes, check out:
- Vegetable Cream Cheese Dip – An easy cream cheese dip made with fresh vegetables.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice for a kick.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.