These Easy Meatball Sandwiches from Scratch do not take as much time as you think! You can make the meatballs ahead of time.
Hello Friends! How was your weekend? Did you catch some football this weekend like I did?
Yay for football season! That means tailgating, viewing parties and food, lots of great food. These easy meatball sandwiches are perfect for game viewing or just for a fun dinner idea. These come together quite quickly with this simple baked meatball recipe and a delightful homemade marinara sauce. These are best served piping hot and they are easy to eat while watching sports – just saying!
Once the meatballs are cooked, they are added to this homemade marinara sauce.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pop in the oven for a warm sandwich.
Easy Meatball Sandwiches from Scratch
- 15-20 cooked meatballs
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Make meatballs or defrost meatballs in microwave, if frozen.
- In a pot over medium heat combine remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil.
- Break apart whole tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce and heat 10-15 minutes until meatballs are heated through.
My family just loves these and it is always nice to have your meatballs already made. See below for our time-saving tips for this recipe.
- Let’s face it, we do not always have time to make meatballs from scratch, or maybe we ran out. You can use frozen meatballs in place of homemade.
- You can use a store-bought marinara sauce in place of homemade in the recipe. But better yet, make the marinara sauce ahead of time and keep it on hand for many meal ideas.
- You can use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese in this recipe.
- You can serve the meatballs in a crockpot and let everyone build their own meatball sandwich themselves.
We hope you love this easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did!
What is your favorite hot sandwich?