This Chicken Soup With Spaghetti Noodles is a nice and easy soup that just takes minutes to prepare! Honestly, if you love chicken soup but are always looking for a little more noodle action, this is the perfect way to make a chicken soup heartier.
Hello Friends! Hope that this week finds you happy and healthy! My hubby came home from work under the weather one day last week and I whipped up this steamy chicken soup with spaghetti noodles. After all, they say that chicken soup is one of the best foods when you are sick.
I usually make my chicken soup with wide noodles, but all I had in the house was spaghetti noodles and I didn't want to run to the store. Spaghetti noodles work perfectly in chicken soup if you have never tried them. The key is to remember to break the spaghetti in thirds before adding it to the pot.
I have made this soup before and it is so easy, that I never buy canned chicken noodle soup any more. I love that you can control the preservatives and sodium level when you make it yourself.
I like to be generous with the noodles so that it is a bit hearty, while still being a light meal choice.
I hope you enjoyed this simple and quick recipe!
Is your family staying healthy this season?
For more great soup recipes, check out our delicious Mexicorn Chowder a wonderful, hearty soup with potatoes and mexicorn. You may also like our Easy Roasted Vegetable soup, full of fresh vegetables that you roast in just minutes in your oven.
More Easy Soup Recipe Ideas
- Easy Mexicorn Chowder – This colorful and creamy soup is made in minutes and is delightfully delicious and filling.
- Potato Chipotle Soup – A tasty potato soup revved up with a little Chipotle pepper. Wonderful for a chilly day or evening.
- Chick Fil A Chicken Tortilla soup - A delicious copycat recipe
- Easy Tortilla Soup – This colorful and tasty soup is made in minutes and is delightfully delicious and filling
- Cream of Chicken Soup - This homemade version is delicious and easy to make.
Chicken Soup With Spaghetti Noodles
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Pinterest!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Chicken Soup With Spaghetti
- 2 32 oz containers chicken stock
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 16 ounce package spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- In a large pot combine celery, onions, carrots and garlic clove over medium heat.
- Add chicken stock or broth to the pot.
- Once liquid starts to boil, break spaghetti noodles into thirds, and add to soup.
- Chop cooked chicken and add to soup along with remaining seasonings.
- Cook 8 -10 minutes until spaghetti is al dente.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
That looks so comforting for a cold day!
It really is!
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
I wish I am having this right now as I am not feeling a bit sick and I need something like this to warm me up! This looks really yum! Thanks for sharing!
It really does warm us up! Thanks for your comment!
I share that sentiment - a lot of noodles but still a light meal choice.
We're all staying healthy enough but Des is sick today. Boo! He had a long run between viruses. This looks dreamy.
Aw sorry to hear Des is sick. Time to make some soup!
That looks like a perfect bowl of comfort! I'd love for you to share over at a new party called Let's Party https://themarkandjanshow.com/2018/01/02/lets-party-5/... look forward to seeing you there!
Thanks Jan! I will come by!
It looks like there is carrot in the soup, if not what are the orange bits please?
Yes, there are carrots and they are optional. Thanks for noticing and I added it to the recipe.
This recipe was so easy and quick, it’s perfect for my busy work nights. Everyone loved it!
Thank you Krystal!!! 🙂
I remember as a kid Campbell's chicken noodle soup, boy did I love it. Not so much now.
I did small changes no thyme and double the chicken. The amount of pasta to broth is perfect.
Thank you so much for your comment and the rating Fred!