These Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers with rice and cheese have been in my dinner repertoire for years. This recipe has a couple of steps, but they come out delicious every time.
Be sure to check out my time-saving tips following the recipe.
Today we are making a classic dinner recipe that my mom used to make. I have to tell you that this takes a few steps, but the result is a delicious dinner recipe!
How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
The filling is a ground beef and rice mixture that cooks first on the stove.
Then the peppers are filled,
covered with sauce,
and topped with cheese.
I have also made these without the rice and served with pasta. I love it when I can mix ingredients up and change up a recipe. These are so economical when ground beef and peppers are on sale. I have not calculated how much they are but when made with rice these baked bell peppers with cheese are pennies to make.
I got the original recipe from Betty Crocker in one of my early cookbooks. Since then I have updated these and added some spices to ramp up the flavor
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
For more great ground beef dinner ideas, check out:
- Ground Beef Pasta – A delicious one pot pasta made with zucchini and ground beef.
- Easy Cavatappi Pasta – A fun twist on pasta made with ground beef and vegetables.
- Taco Pasta with Ground Beef -This One Pot Taco Pasta with Ground Beef comes together quickly in a single skillet!
- One-Pot Beef Pasta – A delicious pasta recipe with ground beef and vegetables made in a single pan.
Stuffed Bell Peppers With Cheese
Baked Bell Peppers With Cheese
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked rice white or brown
- 2 leaves fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Prepare a pot of water over medium heat.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off tips and removing the seeds.
- Place in the water and blanch the peppers about 3-4 minutes.
- Place blanched peppers in a baking pan, opening side up
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, cook the hamburger and onion over medium heat until hamburger is brown.
- Drain thoroughly and break up hamburger.
- Add rice, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, garlic, and black pepper to mixture and combine.
- Stuff each pepper to nearly the top with hamburger mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I like to serve mine with a salad or over spaghetti.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Do you love bell peppers?