Are you looking for a great recipe to make a delicious dessert salad? Then this strawberry fluff recipe is a perfect choice! It's easy to make, so even first-time cooks can whip up something special.
With its tangy flavor, fluffy texture, and beautiful color, this light and creamy dessert is sure to become a favorite among friends and family. It's great for potlucks and special occasions such as a baby shower or an Easter dinner.
So, if you're looking for a quick, tasty, and easy dessert for your next gathering, look no further than this delicious strawberry fluff recipe.
Why this recipe
Incredibly easy. This strawberry fluff salad recipe only requires a few basic ingredients and minutes of prep time.
It's classic. This salad has been around for years and is sure to please everyone at any family gathering or potluck.
Versatile. There are many variations of this recipe that you can try! For example, you could replace the strawberry jello with peach jello or orange jello for different flavors. Or, you could add pineapple chunks or frozen strawberries for extra flavor and texture.
A great make-ahead dish. You can make this salad ahead of time, store it in an airtight container, and keep it chilled until ready to serve.
Ingredients for strawberry jello fluff salad
- Plain yogurt - you can use regular yogurt or greek for a thicker consistency
- Strawberry jello - you can also use sugar-free strawberry jello
- Mini marshmallows
- Cool Whip - you can use light Cool Whip as well
- Strawberries - tops removed and chopped, plus a few extra strawberries for topping
Equipment and kitchen tools
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
Simple steps for making easy strawberry fluff
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt and strawberry jello mix until well combined.
Fold in marshmallows, cool whip, and chopped strawberries.
Cover with plastic wrap and move to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Before serving, top with additional fresh strawberries.
Tips for best results
- You can use store-brand strawberry gelatin instead of the name-brand if desired.
- Make sure to refrigerate the strawberry fluff salad for at least 2 hours before serving, or overnight if possible.
- Try adding other ingredients, such as pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple or cherries, to this quick tasty dessert, for extra flavor and texture.
- For a lighter version, you can use fat free yogurt and light cool whip instead of regular ones.
- Be sure to top your strawberry fluff with fresh strawberries right before serving for an extra special touch!
- If making this recipe ahead of time, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe can also be used as a base to make different flavors of fluff salads by using a variety of different flavors of jello. For example, you could use orange jello to make an orange fluff salad.
- You can also replace the yogurt with sour cream or cream cheese for a different, yet delicious, variation.
- For extra sweetness, use strawberry yogurt instead of plain.
- Use this easy dessert salad as a yummy strawberry pie filling to make a delightful strawberry fluff pie. Top it with some whipped cream and extra strawberries!
- Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
More great dessert recipes
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Some fun additions are flaked coconut and diced pineapple.
It is not recommended. The ingredients do not stand up well to frozen temperatures.
Absolutely, it is a perfect salad to make ahead.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 3 oz. package of strawberry jello
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 2 cups strawberries tops removed and chopped, plus a few extra strawberries for topping
- n a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt and strawberry jello mix, until well combined.
- Fold in marshmallows, cool whip, and chopped strawberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and move to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with additional fresh strawberries.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don't share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
I'm very eager to make this! We actually do have Cool Whip lite at home. I mix it with peanut butter and chocolate sauce on occasion for a light dessert. I want this more!
Yum, that sounds like an easy and delicious dessert Tamara!