These Rice Krispies Easter Treats are the perfect Easter dessert idea. Shaped like little birds nests, these are sure to be a family favorite.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy. Rice Krispie treats have been around for years. This easy Easter dessert is the perfect sweet treat when you want a simple dessert that looks festive on the table. They are not only easy Easter treats (that are no bake), everyone will love this twist on the classic rice Krispie treats recipe.
Festive. This fun recipe is the perfect treat to make for an Easter dessert or as party favors. The treats are nest shape and filled with little eggs.
Tasty. These sweet treats are pretty inexpensive to make and the whole family is sure to love these. The "grass" and colored eggs make for a colorful and fun Easter treat.
- Rice Krispies
- edible grass
- mini marshmallows
- candy eggs - I recommend candy coated chocolate eggs or Cadbury mini eggs. You can also use jelly beans.
- unsalted butter
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Easter Rice Krispie Treats
In a large saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
Add to marshmallows to the melted butter mixture. Stir until melted.
Add the cups of Rice Krispies cereal on cup at.a time and stir with a rubber spatula.
Add about ½ cup of cereal mixture
Place strands of candy grass on nests.
Place eggs on top of the rice krispie nests.
Substitutions and Variations
Some ways to change up this easy Easter Treat:
- Marshmallow Peeps - If you are a fan of peeps, you can place the little bird peeps inside the "nexts"
- Chocolate Rice Krispies - You can make this with chocolate rice cereal.
- Egg shaped - This is another twist.
When shaping the rice Krispie treat nests, use sheets of wax paper to help shape the cups.
Yes, but for best results, I recommend making no more than a day prior to serving.
Store in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature. They will keep for 2-3 days.
No, it is not recommended. The marshmallows have gelatin to help the treats hold up and marshmallow cream does not.
More Easy Easter Desserts and Recipes
Rice Krispie Easter Treats
- large saucepan
- muffin tin
- Wax paper
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 5 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 40-60 Cadbury mini egg candies
- 1 1 oz. package of edible Easter grass, chopped into about ¾ inch pieces.
- Lightly spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, and continue stirring until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from the heat, pour in cereal, and stir well to coat.
- Press rice krispie and marshmallow mixture into the cups of the muffin tin, leaving an indention in the center to form nests.
- Allow the krispie nests to sit for about 20 minutes, to set.
- Remove the nests from the pan and add a bit of Easter grass to each one.
- Top with 2-3 mini Cadbury eggs.