Nothing tastes more like summer than a plate full of ripe berries on top of crispy cinnamon chips and topped with whipped cream. These Fruit nachos will be the talk of your party.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Fresh. The combination of ripe, in-season berries and homemade cinnamon tortilla chips is amazing, offset perfectly by whipped cream and syrup.
Easy. Guests will be shocked when you share the recipe because this dessert comes together in minutes and tastes delightful.
Stunning. The bright colors and arrangement of fruit nachos on a tray create a beautiful presentation for dessert, perfect for patriotic holidays or any time berries are in season.
Equipment Needed for Fruit Nachos
- Baking Sheet.
- Mixing Bowl.
- pizza cutter.
How to Make Fruit Nachos
Making this delicious sweet treat could not be easier. Simply coat and bake the tortillas then add the fruit and other toppings. The result is tasty finger food perfect for your next summer gathering. Use fresh, ripe summer berries for a perfect result.
Like my S'mores nachos, these are bound to be a big hit because they are as fun to eat as they are tasty,.
Ingredients for Fruit Nachos with Cinnamon Chips
- Flour Tortillas. Plan to use five tortillas per sheet pan. Scale the recipe as needed.
- Butter. Helps crisp up the tortillas as they bake.
- Granulated Sugar. White table sugar.
- Cinnamon. Perfect for dressing up the homemade tortilla chips.
- Berries. We used strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. You can use any combination of the four.
- Almonds. Toasting these first will improve the flavor and end result.
- Syrup. We used dark chocolate syrup and caramel syrup.
- Whipped Cream. For the perfect balance to the sweetness.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Next, melt your butter. You can do so in the microwave or you can melt it in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
- In another small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the tortillas with the melted butter on one side, then sprinkle 1-2 Tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar on top of each. Shake off the extra.
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut the tortilla into 6 pieces.
- Put the tortilla chip pieces onto the lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Once the chips have cooled, arrange them onto plates.
- Add your mixed berries, banana, almonds, and whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!
Brush the tortilla with butter and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cut tortilla into 6ths with a pizza cutter. Bake as directed.
While chi8ps are baking prepare fruit.
Pull out baked tortilla chips for base of nachos. Top with fruit.
Tips for Best Results
Use in-season berries from the farmer's market and your fruit nachos with cinnamon chips will stand out even more with over-the-top flavor. At the very least, you should make sure the berries you pick are fresh, firm, and ripe.
A pizza cutter is the easiest way to get perfect nacho triangles when you cut your own tortillas. You can cut it like traditional pizza slices or create large strips instead.
The tortilla chips may still feel a little soft when you take them out of the oven, but they will harden as they cool.
What are fruit nachos?
This delicious dessert nachos recipe is a combination of fresh fruit, homemade dessert tortilla chips, and whipped cream.
Can I save leftover fruit nachos?
As long as you haven't added the fruit to the chips yet, you can save the individual components of the dish and build more plates later. Place the homemade cinnamon chips in a plastic zipper baggy. Refrigerate the fruit and whipped cream in airtight containers. Bananas should be tossed in lemon juice to prevent browning.
If you have already combined everything together, the cinnamon chips are likely to get soggy. That doesn't mean you can't save the leftovers, just that your results may vary and will quickly become unappetizing.
More Great Snack Foods
I hope you love this fun dessert nachos idea.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.