This Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe is perfect as a dessert dip any day! Made easily in minutes, this also looks great on a dessert charcuterie board. You can fill small waffle cones or serve as a fresh fruit dip!
With just a few ingredients, this cannoli dip recipe is so simple to make a wonderful and festive dessert idea.
I hope that your day is going well! I have been preparing for the holidays and realized that I have a few more recipes that I wnt to share with you in time for any family gatherings you may be hosting (or attending and needed a potluck item). Today I am sharing a fun dessert recipe. This is also great for picnics and tea parties.
Why This Recipe?
This is another fun recipe idea that is perfect for the holidays and so pretty! This cannoli dip is festive and fun for a dessert charcuterie board. Super easy to make and great any time of year!
This is one of those dessert dips that is a crowd pleaser and is delicious to enjoy year-round. It is made with simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
While this is great as a traditional cannoli, it makes a wonderful sweet dip for cookies and fruit. A sweet, creamy dip that is perfect for your next party.
This creamy dessert dip is one of our family favorites.
You can also put this easy dip in ramekins so that everyone has their own little bowl of dip.
Today’s recipe is so easy and is always a hit!
This Easy cannoli dip recipe just takes a handful of ingredients.
Cannoli Dip Ingredients
Chocolate Chips – I recommend using mini chocolate chips. Have a few extra on hand to sprinkle over the top of the finished dip for a festive look.
Cheese –There are two types of cheeses for this recipe, cream cheese, and ricotta cheese. The ricotta will need to be strained so as not to make the dip runny. The cream cheese should be at room temperature for best results
Powdered Sugar – Also known as confectioner's sugar. I have used generic powdered sugar with great results.
Miniature chocolate chips
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- large mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- serving dish
What To Serve With Cannoli Dip
Dipping Cookies - There are many cookies you could use. This also makes a great fruit dip. Here are a few examples of dipping treats
- Waffle cone pieces
- graham crackers
- Pizzelle cookies
- Vanilla Wafers
- Cannoli shells broken into pieces
- Strawberries or bananas
How to make Cannoli Dip
The full recipe is below, but it is just a few steps:
- Remove moisture from Ricotta cheese.
- Mix cream cheese and vanila.
- Add pwedered sugar.
- Mix well.
Then add the chocolate chops. Fold until blended and refrigerate dip.
So good! Be sure to bookmark this recipe!
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can low fat cream cheese.
- I recommend using whole milk ricotta cheese
- You can make this dip a little creamier by adding a splash of heavy cream.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Decorate with a few remaining chocolate chips on top for a festive look.
- Add sprinkles or chopped nuts to the top for a festive look.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Desert Ideas
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake - A delicious dessert that is no-bake and so easy! Great any time of year.
- S'more Dip - Another fun dessert recipe dip that is perfect for cookies and fruit.
- Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake - One of the best cakes ever! Chocolate goodness in a favorite cake.
- Chocolate Trifle Recipe - Delicious chocolate and cream trifles.
Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe
- serving dish
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 150z container of ricotta cheese, strained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips plus more for serving
- Various cookies for dipping
- Place a paper towel in a small bowl, add ricotta cheese, add another layer of paper towel on top of the cheese and push firmly to remove excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, ricotta cheese and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until smooth and creamy
- Stir in ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving
- Serve with waffle cone pieces, pizzelle cookies or fresh fruit
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator
We hope you enjoyed this delicious dip recipe. Want more easy recipes?
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.