These Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles are the perfect frozen treat for a hot summer day. Made with fresh strawberries and lemon juice, they are as easy as they are delicious! Why not take the wonderful flavor of Strawberry Lemonade and enjoy it in a frozen pop form? Popsicles are always welcome during the summer ant it is truly easy to make your own! These are such a fun twist on Strawberry Lemonade!
Why This RecipeThese Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles are a perfect summer frozen treat when you want to cool off and it does not get much simpler than this recipe. Popsicles bring back many memories of simpler, summer days. These are great for a barbecue or party because there is no cutting of a messy dessert. Just hand out these frozen gems and let everyone enjoy. Fresh fruit Strawberry Popsicles are so easy to make and what is great is that you can make them with fresh ingredients and not include any preservatives or artificial coloring. These are also fun to make with kids because you can change up the flavor combinations easily and they can get creative in the flavors. You can even add little bits of fresh fruit to these if you want.
Ingredients For Strawberry Lemonade PopsiclesStrawberries - You will want to pick strawberries that are firm and deep in color. Strawberries should not have any dark spots or mold. Lemon Juice - The best flavor comes from making your own lemon juice with fresh lemons. Do not use bottle lemon juice. Sugar - You will need some granulated sugar to sweeten the fruit. Water
Kitchen Tools and Equipment NeededPairing knife Small bowl Strainer or juicer Popsicle mold & sticks - I like this ridged popsicle mold one because the ridges add a cool look to them.
How to Make Lemonade PopsiclesThe full recipe is below but the major steps are:
- Mix together strawberries and sugar in a blender. Pour into molds and freeze
- Prepare lemon juice mixture.
- Pour over strawberry mixture in molds.
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze.
Timesaving Tips to make the best homemade popsicles
- To help release the popsicles from the mold, dip the mold in warm water for a few seconds.
- If using wooden popsicle sticks, be sure to soak the sticks in water before putting them into the popsicles.Store in a plastic freezer bag or airtight container.
- To store uneaten pops, wrap each individually in plastic wrap before storing in an airtight bag or container.
- These popsicles can also be made with blueberries, raspberries, mango, or pineapple, too!
How Long are Homemade Popsicles Good for?If frozen as I mentioned above, they can last about six months in fhe freezer. After that they tend to lose some flavor.
Can I make popsicles without a mold?Yes, but you must have a freezer-safe container such as coated paper cups.
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
These Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles are the perfect frozen treat for a hot summer day. Made with fresh strawberries and lemon juice, they are as easy as they are delicious!
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¾ cup about 4-5 medium lemons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- Add strawberries and teaspoon of granulated sugar to a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into the top of the cavities of the popsicle mold and set in freezer.
- Add 1 cups water and 1 ½ cups granulated sugar to a small pot.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add fresh lemon juice. Taste the syrup. Decide if you need more lemon juice or not.
- Pour into glass measuring cup or use the funnel that comes with the popsicle mold to fill the cavities. Add the sticks and freeze for 8 hours
- To create layers Freeze the strawberry purée for 1-2 hours until solid. Allow the lemon syrup to cool completely.
- Pour into the cavities. Add the sticks and Freeze for 7-8 hours
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 38gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 1mgSugar: 38gCalcium: 1mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I love the layered ombre look, so thanks for instructions on that! These are perfection.