This Savory snack is one of our favorite Party Snack Mix recipes and is perfect for picnics, game nights and more! Made with seasoned crackers and cereal, it comes together easily with items you likely already have in your pantry.
Be sure to check out our other easy appetizers for a crowd and our best ever cream cheese dip recipe.
Hello Friends! I hope you are all having a great week! With a new season of school, football and tailgate parties coming, I thought it was a perfect time to share my version of a fun, classic snack recipe. I remember seeing this snack mix at all the gatherings when I was a kid and every once in a while I get nostalgic for a homestyle snack.
Do you ever crave food from your childhood? I have been doing it a lot lately and I love recreating classic recipes with my own twist.
This iteration of a classic cereal snack mix is easy to make and a fun savory party snack idea and it is super simple to make. The traditional recipe included pretzels so you can add them too. You can change it up to suit your tastes by changing up the cereal, nuts, and crackers.
I try to change it up from time to time so that it is a little different each time, but it always has the classic flavors I remember.
It is perfect for parties, movie night or football viewing. This salty snack mix combines nuts, cereal, and cheese crackers to make a tasty and crunchy snack mix that is a classic and the whole family will love!
- Holla! This recipe can be made in the microwave to save a lot of time. I prefer the traditional oven for even heating, but it tastes just as good in the microwave.
- Make this snack mix ahead of time and you can store it for a few days.
- Double the batch and put in mason jars for fun gifts for friends or family.
Savory Party Snack Mix
Savory Party Snack Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Cheese Crackers
cup salted peanuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 250•
- In a bowl, add first four ingredients.
- Melt butter in microwave (about 20 seconds)
- Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and Tabasco to butter.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture.
- Stir gently.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
We think you will love this recipe. We are all about saving you time with easy, delicious recipe ideas.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!
For more great snack recipes, check out:
- Fall Trail Mix - A fun sweet and salty snack mix that is perfect to celebrate fall.
- Easy Homemade Cereal Bars - Save money and preservatives, by making your own cereal bars.
- Lunchbox Snack Recipes - Snack recipes just right for a take-along lunch
- Salami Roses - these festive salami roses are perfect for an appetizer charcuterie board.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
That photo of the melting butter is the stuff of dreams. I do love a good savory snack mix, and butter and Worcestershire sauce will take it home.
Yes melted butter is so seductive isn't it? Thanks for the kind words!
What a yummy snack mix!
Thank you Ashley! We love it!
Perfect for the next weekend, which is July 4. I'm sure we'll make it. Thanks for the recipe!
I lost my recipe years ago - I'm so happy I found this one! This snack mix is perfection!