This is an easy Sauteed zucchini and tomatoes recipe that makes for an excellent side dish for a BBQ, lunch or dinner. Fresh zucchini, tomatoes, and onions come together for a wonderful side dish.
It is perfect for a dinner following a trip to the farmers’ market. You can also substitute banana squash for the Italian squash. This dish is also very versatile and goes with meat, fish, seafood or even as a tasty dish by itself over rice.
In fact, sometimes I just make it for a meal for myself when I have a taste for some fresh vegetables.
All you need is a little olive oil, some spices and these vegetables. It is a family favorite and really easy to make.
You just need a few ingredients.
this meal comes together in a skillet on hour stovetop in just minutes.
A perfect side dish.
For more DELICIOUS zucchini recipes, check out:
- Baked Zucchini Casserole is one I have been making for years. Made with fresh zucchini and ground beef with just enough spice to make a wonderful dinner idea.
- Zucchini Boats. Made with ground beef, a tomato-based sauce, and cheese, these are delicious and flavorful!
- Tomato and Zucchini Salad – super easy to make,
- Best Ever Zucchini Bread – moist and buttery and full of summer goodness.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe
Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes Recipe
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. 2. Slice zucchini and chop tomatoes and onion. 3. Add zucchini to the heated pan for about 2-4 minutes or until squash becomes tender. 4. Add chopped onion and stir. 5. Add tomato and stir the vegetables. Cook an additional 2 minutes until tomatoes are warmed through. 6. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Slice zucchini and chop tomatoes and onion.
3. Add zucchini to the heated pan for about 2-4 minutes or until squash becomes tender.
4. Add chopped onion and stir.
5. Add tomato and stir the vegetables. Cook an additional 2 minutes until tomatoes are warmed through.
6. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
You can save time by prepping the vegetables and storing in your refrigerator until ready to use.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
I hope you enjoyed this quick and simple recipe idea! Do you love zucchini too?