This Nutella croissants recipe is so easy, it just requires three ingredients. Delicious flakey dessert croissants are filled with a sweet hazelnut spread.
You know that we love Nutella around here, but even more than that, we love easy recipes.
This is one of our easy dessert recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy Recipe - Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty dessert to put together quickly. These easy Nutella croissants perfect for evenings when you are looking for a simple chocolate dessert to satisfy you sweet tooth. Made with 3 simple ingredients from your grocery store.
Quick - This is one of my favorite Nutella recipes. It does not take much time to put together this quick breakfast bread with chocolate hazelnut flavor. They are ready in about 15 minutes.
Delicious - The combination of a flakey croissant and creamy Nutella is just wonderful in these Easy Nutella Crescent rolls. Perfect as a quick dessert or sweet treat to go with coffee or tea, this is sure to please any Nutella lover.
- Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Crescent Rolls
- Powdered confectioners' sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Nutella Croissants
Step 1 - Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. On a prepared baking sheet, Start with the wide end of the triangle
Step 2 - Spread a tablespoon of Nutella on each crescent roll triangle. roll up
Step 3 - Place rolled croissant on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown.
Step 4 -Melt 3 tablespoons of Nutella in the microwave. Drizzle over croissants.
Step 5 -Dust with a little powdered sugar.
These are perfect for a breakfast bread or tea time.
Substitutions & Variations
- chocolate chips - You can sprinkle in a few mini chocolate chips before rolling dough
- peanut butter - use ½ of the spread and add peanut butter.
- Organic dough- try making these with an organic crescent roll dough
Timesaving and Expert Tips
- Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread to edges of the dough.
- Use parchment paper to line baking dish if not using a nonstick pan
- Leave about 1" between each crescent roll
- Use a strainer or sifter when dusting with powdered sugar.
- This is a great way to use up a jar of Nutella
To prevent crescent rolls from sticking to the baking sheet, you can line the sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with a little butter or margarine.
You can use the crescent rolls straight from the refrigerator.
Yes, it's recommended to preheat the oven before baking crescent rolls.
More Easy Nutella Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Baking Sheet
- 1 can crescent dough
- ½ cup Nutella Spread
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 357 F
- Prepare a baking sheet.
- Open rolls and lay out triangles on cookie sheet
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella on each triangle,
- Roll up triangle from large end to small end.
- Place rolled croissant on baking sheet. I like to curve them just a little bit when placing on baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
- Towards the end of baking time, place 3 tablespoons Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20 - 30 seconds until runny.
- Drizzle melted Nutella over croissants.
- Dust with powdered sugar