This easy Instant Pot Turkey Breast is for a dinner at any time of year, but it is especially great for a simple Thanksgiving dinner! Much easier to handle and perfect if you are serving a smaller family.
A turkey breast is very easy to make and a great alternative to a full turkey. The best part is that your Instant pot will make one very moist and tender.
Wow! The month is speeding by and it is time to think about Thanksgiving! This is a perfect recipe for a family or Friendsgiving with six people or less. It will still give you plenty of turkey and you don't have to heat up and take space in the oven with this recipe.
If you haven't tried a turkey in your multicooker or Instapot, I would definitely recommend it. This is also perfect for C Christmas and other celebrations.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This easy recipe for making turkey breast in the electric pressure cooker will save you so much time! It will be ready in the fraction of the time it would take in the oven.
This juicy turkey breast will be a hit for your holiday dinner. Succulent and tasty, it will be a memorable turkey dinner and no one will have to know how easy it was to make.
Making a pressure cooker turkey breast is perfect for a smaller group. It is also easier to prepare than an entire turkey.
This is one of my favorite instant pot recipes because it is so incredibly easy and the result is a delicious tender turkey breast!
What is nice about this recipe, is that y0u don't have to use your oven to make a turkey.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast ingredients
Turkey Breast – of course, they are the star of this show. I use a bone-in turkey breast from the meat section. I used a seven pound turkey breast for this recipe. You want to figure about one pound per person and the largest turkey breast I usually see is 8 pounds. You can also use a boneless turkey breast.
Broth – I always use chicken broth because it is always on sale this time of year. You can use turkey broth or beef broth if that is all you have.
Butter – I would use either salted or unsalted. Unsalted will let you control the amount of salt, so it is a personal preference.
Equipment for this Recipe
- Instant pot or pressure cooker
- instant-read thermometer
- slotted spoon or whisk
- cutting board
How to make a Turkey Breast in an Instant Pot
The full recipe is below, but the major steps are:
- Mix the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Coat turkey breast in butter mixture and seasonings.
- Mix broth and vegetables.
- Place turkey in the instant pot. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F (with a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast).
This will be ready in about 30 minutes! This saves hours of time!
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe:
For more great Thanksgiving recipe ideas, Check out these wonderful side dishes:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes - Use your crockpot and save space on your stove with this easy Potato Recipe.
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes – Cheesy potatoes in a wonderful casserole made in the oven.
- Baked Butternut Squash - Baked in the oven with no added sugar.
- Easy Cornbread - A delicious cornbread recipe from scratch and tastes great with honey butter.
- Easy Cranberry Sauce - Easy to make on our stove tip in minutes.
- Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries - perfect for a holiday side dish
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Herb Butter
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing - My favorite stuffing recipe!
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- 1 medium turkey breast
- 1 stick ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3-4 stalks celery chopped
- Clean and wash turkey breast, pat dry
- Rub butter completely over turkey
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and herbs
- Sprinkle seasonings over turkey
- Add turkey or chicken broth to Instant Pot and place the trivet inside
- Clean and cut onions and celery and add to the pot
- Place turkey breast side up into pot on top of the trivet
- Seal the lid and set to Manual High Pressure for 30 minutes
- When the timer goes off, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, then release the pressure.
- Carefully open the lid
- Remove turkey and place on cutting board
- Chop the celery and onion ahead of time and store in your refrigerator until ready to use.
- You want to check that the temperature of the cooked turkey is 165° so be sure to have a meat thermometer handy.
- If an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is not reached, increase cooking time by 3-4 minute intervals until reached.
- Always wait until the natural pressure release is complete before performing a quick release.
Serving, Storage & Leftover Suggestions
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Check the internal temperature and make sure it’s at 165 F degrees
- For more crispy skin, pop the turkey in the oven on broil for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- You can make turkey gravy with the turkey drippings.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
We hope you enjoyed this instant pot turkey breast recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share lots of recipes and tips for the holiday season and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.