Crockpot Mashed Potatoes are so easy to make and with this recipe, they are creamy and delicious! Slow cooker mashed potatoes are a great side dish for many meals and are perfect at any time of year!
This Crockpot Mashed potatoes recipe is not at all hard to make, in fact, they are incredibly easy! Once you make them, you will notice that there is nothing like them!
Here we are at the beginning of November and to me, that means slow-cooker season! While I use my crockpot all year round, I depend on it more during the fall and winter season. Today we are making a simple side dish that is wonderful with so many meals!
Today’s recipe is also super inexpensive to make. I like to serve these slow cooker mashed potatoes with steaks, chicken, and pork. You can also add a little garlic or bacon to change these up a bit.
Making them in the crockpot frees up your stove too.
Ingredients for Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes– of course, they are the star of this show. You will want to use Russet Potatoes. Look for potatoes that are free from dark spots. Do not use potatoes that look green - these should be discarded.
Butter – As always, I recommend real butter for a rich taste. I like to use unsalted to control the amount of sodium. You can also use margarine for this recipe.
Milk – You can use half and half, regular milk or 2 %
Tools for this recipe:
Variations on this recipe:
Top your potatoes with any combination of these:
How to make Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
The full recipe is below, but the steps are simple:
First wash and peel the potatoes
- Cut potatoes
- Cook in the slow cooker
- Mash potatoes.
- Add liquids and blend well.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
- You can peel the potatoes in the morning and store in a bowl in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover potatoes in water before storing in the refrigerator.
- Make-Ahead - potatoes can be cooked the day before serving. When ready to serve, reheat on the stove and continue with steps 6 through 8. Serve immediately
More Easy Potato Dishes
This recipe is also perfect for the holidays. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other great potato dishes:
- Baked Sweet Potatoes - Made easily in your oven with no added sugar.
- Potato Wedges - These easy potatoes are perfect with steaks or burgers.
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes - Cheesy potatoes in a wonderful casserole made in the oven.
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds russet potatoes cleaned and cut into cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup half-and-half or milk
- 1. Clean and cut potatoes, add to crockpot
2. Pour chicken broth over potatoes
3. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender
4. Remove from crockpot and drain, reserve chicken broth
5. Return to pot and mash with a potato masher
6. Add seasonings, cream cheese and butter
7. Mix until completely combined
8. Gradually add half-and-half and stir until desired consistency, add back in reserved chicken broth as needed
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.