A delicious Holiday Sangria recipe to enjoy the season! Celebrate the flavors of the holiday season with this delicious festive cocktail recipe!
This homemade Sangria recipe is the perfect party punch to enjoy at your holiday party. It is the perfect drink to toast with family and friends.
Why This Recipe?
This is a tasty and festive sangria to enjoy for a happy hour or holiday cocktail party. It is one of the best sangria recipe ideas to savor the season.
This drink looks so festive and is beautiful with fresh fruit - green apples, orange slices, fresh cranberries, and rosemary sprigs. The fruit juice from the citrus fruits will blend with the wine for a delicious cocktail.
It is one of the easiest cocktail recipes to make and you can make it ahead of time.
This sweet wine cocktail makes the perfect Christmas sangria for your holiday meal.
This delicious recipe is so colorful and yet so simple to make!
Ingredients For Holiday Sangria
Cranberries - use fresh cranberries
Cinnamon sticks - for garnish
Rosemary - optional but works great for garnish
Equipment and Bar Tools Needed
- Large pitcher or punch bowl
- cutting board
- cocktail spoon or wooden spoon
- wine glasses - with a stem or stemless. Use plastic if serving a lot of people.
How to Make A Christmas Sangria
- Place the fruit in a large bowl or pitcher.
- Add the wine and remaining ingredients.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- The longer the fruit marinates the better.
- Serve over ice and place some of the cut fruit in the glasses.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Make a double batch so that you have plenty on hand.
- You can make this with any seasonal fruit.
- If you don't have a punch bowl, use a large clear glass bowl and serve with a ladle.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can substitute white wine (such as a sauvignon blanc) for red wine.
- If you like your sangria a little sweeter, you can make a simple syrup and add a cup to the recipe. You can throw in a splash of ginger beer as a floater when serving.
- If you don't have a cabernet on hand, you can use a pinot noir or red bland in place of the cabernet.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- I like to serve this in a large pitcher or punch bowl. The beverage servers with pour spouts do not work as well with sangrias because ta) the fruit will get stuck in the spout and b) the fruit really should be served with the red sangria.
- This is an alcoholic beverage, if you want to make a mocktail, you can substitute ginger ale or club soda for the red wine and omit the brandy and triple sec.
- Refrigerate overnight for the best flavor. For a bubbly sangria, add a splash of club soda just before serving
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Peppermint White Russian Cocktail - a fun twist with Peppermint flavor
Rudolph Rum Cocktail - A fun holiday cocktail recipe made with rum!
Captains' Rum Lemonade - A refreshing lemonade just for adults!
Ruby Reef Rum Punch – made with Elderflower liqueur, this is a tasty and beautiful cocktail.
Apple Whiskey sour - A delicious apple cocktail
Summer Sangria Recipes - Two delicious wine sangria recipes for summer
- 1 bottle cabernet sauvignon
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 2 oranges
- 3 red or green apples
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs rosemary plus more for garnish
- Wash the fruit
- Slice the oranges and the apples
- In a large pitcher or bowl, add fresh fruit and rosemary.
- Pour in brandy, triple sec, cranberry juice, and cabernet sauvignon.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
We hope you enjoyed this festive holiday cocktail recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share simple recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.