These Easy Blueberry Hand Pies are so simple and taste great! Perfect for a summer picnic or brunch! These are just so cute and easy to make and just seem to shout springtime.
I like to change up the filling from time to time and make them with strawberries and lemon filling. These also make great tea party desserts too! They are like little hand pies that will bring a smile to anyone.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you well and enjoying the season of renewal! I have been loving all the spring decor I am seeing in stores and am loving all of the colorful flowers that are blooming.
The temperatures are warming up and I am excited about packing a picnic and enjoying eating outdoors. In celebration of spring, I made these quick and easy hand pies.
This is one of those shortcut recipes that truly just doesn’t get any shorter. If you’ve got some friends coming over or need to make a dessert recipe for a barbecue, this is the perfect sweet treat to bring!
You can make it in several flavors to suit your mood or the occasion. These are perfect for a memorial day or 4th of July dessert as well.
Looking for more fun spring picnic ideas:
- Easy Lemon Pastries – light and perfect for a picnic!
- Nutella Almond Pastries – Nutella goodness in an easy pastry recipe!
- Picnic salad recipes – Tasty transportable picnic salad recipes.
By the way, you can also cut the pie crust into little strips and make little mini blueberry pies. It takes a little bit of time but they do come out really cute.Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Easy Blueberry Hand Pies
Easy Blueberry Hand Pies
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Thaw pie crust per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Roll out pie crust on waxed paper or lightly floured surface.
- Cut out pie crust using a 3" glass or cookie cutter.
- Place half of the cut circles onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon pie filling onto dough on baking sheet.
- Top each circle with second cut out.
- Seal the outside of each pie by pressing a fork around the edge.
- Turn over each pie and seal again.
- Brush each pie with a light coat of egg wash.
- Sprinkle each pie with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Cool before serving
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please write a 5-star review, and help me share the recipe on Pinterest!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.