This Chocolate Chip Blondies recipe will take you back to times when someone else made cookies for you! This is my take on a favorite classic recipe and it's GOOD!
This chocolate chip blondies recipe is a fun twist and a little different from our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but it is just as tasty! And we only share simple recipes here so you know it is easy!
Why You Will Love This Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
Hello Friends! Can you believe that we are heading towards February already?
We had a few chilly evenings lately and it has been nice to stay in and read a book or catch up on our Netflix shows. Chilly evenings are also a great time to bake.
These cookies are the BOMB! Seriously, I have worked through several iterations of this cookie and this is my favorite version. Easy to make on a busy night when you want something sweet but don't want a lot of work.
These soft, moist bar cookies are delicious.
This Chocolate Chip Blondies recipe was given to my mom a very long time ago. Sometimes these classic cookie recipes are just the best for a cold day. I find a warm oven with cookies cooking one of the most comforting things on a chilly day.
These chewy chocolate chip blondies bake all in a single pan which makes for a quick and easy cookie recipe,.
Ingredients for Easy Blondies
Just a few simple ingredients are needed:
- butter - should be at room temperature for best results
- brown sugar - you can use light or dark brown sugar. I used light brown sugar in this instance.
- flour - I use all purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- baking powder
- chocolate chips - I used semi-sweet chocolate chips
Equipment and Tools Needed
- large bowl
- rubber spatula
- baking pan
- knife or bench scraper
- wire rack
How To Make Easy Chocolate Chip Blondies
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared pan
I use butter to prepare the pan, you can also use parchment paper to line the bottom and sides of the pan.
These amazing blondies are the perfect size for enjoying with hot cocoa, tea or milk while enjoying a good book by the fire. Bonus points if you've got a blanket and a pet nearby.
Soft and chewy with chocolate goodness makes this one of the best bar cookie recipes.
They will not last long in your kitchen.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
More Classic Cookie Recipes
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies - the best chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - These chewy and delicious oatmeal cookies are so good and easy to make.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - My favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Iced Toffee Cookies - Soft cookie with a light icing and toffee bits.
Brown Butter Cookies - delicious and rich brown butter cookies.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Melt butter in the microwave
- Use a bench scraper to cut the blondies perfectly.
- If you use unsalted butter, you can add ¼ teaspoon of salt if you wish. Salt in cookies is a matter of personal taste
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can add ½ cup of chopped nuts, peanut butter chips or butterscotch tips.
- You can substitute white chocolate chips for the chocolate.
- You can make mini blondies by cutting cookies into smaller bars.
- You can also add other types of chips (or chocolate chunks) and it all comes together in one pan quickly, saving you time from dropping each cookie on a cookie sheet.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Store blondies in an airtight container.
Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
- 1 stick butter (½ cup), melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Grease a 8 x 8 or 12 x 8 inch pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkle a few chips on top
- Pour into 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.
We hope you loved this simple blondie recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
What is your favorite comfort cookie?
Mmm... sometimes brownies are a bit much for me. Blondies are perfect! Love.
What's not to love, right? These were absolutely scrumptious. The chewy caramel-y blondies studded with chocolate are a family favorite. We'll be making them again.
Blondies are always a hit! Loving how simple this recipe came together.
Looks delicious, I feel a baking day coming on!
Yum! This is a tasty way to get chocolate chip flavor without the effort of making cookies!