This easy tutorial on how to make Champagne cupcakes is super easy and they are delicious!
Made seriously easy with the help of a boxed cake mix. This shortcut Champagne cupcake recipe is a wonderful way to welcome the new year! Why not start the year with cupcakes? Cheers!Jump to Recipe
Champagne cupcakes are a great way to ring in the new year.
Why This Recipe
These cupcakes are quite easy as they start from a boxed mix.
These are made with a tasty champagne buttercream frosting. These really are delicious cupcakes!
This time of the year I am too busy to make them from scratch so I just played around by adding champagne to the mix and frosting. After all cupcakes and champagne go together really well.
I finally made a formula I liked. It is a fun and simple New Years dessert idea.
The flavor is subtle and sweet making a tasty cupcake. Next year, besides exercising more and discovering new books, I resolve to make more cupcakes LOL.
Champagne cupcakes are great for weddings, engagement parties and New Years Eve celebrations.
Champagne Cupcake Ingredients
- boxed cake mix - I like to use a yellow, white or vanilla cake mix.
- egg - per cake mix directions
- champagne - you don't have to use an expensive brand but use a decent brand. Like wine If you wouldn't drink it, don't cook with it!. You can use sweet or brut champagne.
- festive sprinkles
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- mixing bowl
- electric mixer or spoon
- cupcake tin
- baking cups
- piping bag and piping tip
How to Make Champagne Cupcakes from a Mix
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Prepare a cupcake or muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix ingredients as directed on box
- Bake as directed and prepare buttercream champagne frosting.
- Frost when cupcakes are cooled.
- Top with festive sprinkles and serve.
Recipe Notes, Variations, and Substitutions
- For best results, ensure the champagne is at room temperature when preparing the cake.
- You can substitute pink champagne for a simple variation. I would recommend using a bit of red or pink food coloring.
- You can substitute milk, half and half or heavy cream for the champagne in the frosting.
- Top. cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe! It is also great for a bridal shower or wedding dessert!
More Festive New Year's Dessert Ideas
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries - These go great with champagne.
- Raspberry Dessert Parfaits - A lovely and simple layered dessert.
- Award Cookies - these festive cookies work nicely for a NYE party.
- Chocolate Fondue - A lovely and beautiful dessert idea for a crowd.
- Simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes – Delicious spice cake cookies with a buttercream frosting and a caramel drizzle.
- Nutella Swirl Cupcakes – These are beautiful cupcakes for hazelnut lovers
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 ¼ cups champagne
- frosting recipe below
- festive sprinkles - I like silver white or gold
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking pan with cups.
- 2. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3. Fill cups with batter 2.3 full.
- 4. Bake 17-19 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 5. Let cupcakes cool and frost with champagne buttercream icing (recipe below).
Champagne Buttercream Icing
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter (½ cup), softened
4 -5 tablespoons champagne
Cream butter, add powdered sugar gradually using a mixer. Pipe in decorator tube or use a knife to frost.
Cheers! We hope you enjoyed this fun NYE dessert idea! We are all about savoring the season.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!