Easy tutorial on how to make Champagne cupcakes. Made seriously easy with the help of a boxed cake mix. IT is a wonderful way to welcome the new year!
Why not start the year with cupcakes? Cheers!
Champagne cupcakes are a great way to ring in the new year. These cupcakes are quite easy as they start from a boxed mix.
This time of the year I am too busy to make them from scratch so I just played around by adding champagne to the mix and frosting. I finally got a formula I liked. It is a fun and simple New Years dessert idea.
The flavor is subtle and sweet making a tasty cupcake. Next year, besides exercising more and discovering new books, I resolve to make more cupcakes LOL.
Champagne cupcakes are great for weddings, engagement parties and New Years Eve celebrations.
For more great cupcake recipes, check out these:
- Simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes – Delicious spice cake cookies with a buttercream frosting and a caramel drizzle.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – Easy pumpkin spice made in minutes!
- Nutella Swirl Cupcakes – These are beautiful cupcakes for hazelnut lovers
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe! It is also great for a bridal shower or wedding dessert!
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups champagne
- frosting (recipe below)
- festive sprinkles - I like silver, white or gold
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking pan with cups.
2. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Fill cups with batter 2.3 full.
4. Bake 17-19 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cupcakes cool and frost with champagne buttercream icing (recipe below).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Champagne Buttercream Icing
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
4 -5 tablespoons champagne
Cream butter, add powdered sugar gradually using a mixer. Pipe in decorator tube or use a knife to frost.
Cheers! We are celebrating new years eve at a concert. What are you all doing for New Years?
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!