This easy Strawberry Pina Colada recipe is the perfect summer drink. It is the perfect poolside drink made of strawberries, cream of coconut and pineapple juice.
When you want a fun tropical drink for a hot summer days, this strawberry colada recipe is the perfect drink.
This strawberry cocktail is one of our easy cocktail recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Reasons Why You Should Try This Strawberry Colada Recipe
Great taste. This drink is full of strawberry and coconut flavors. It is the perfect way to enjoy this fun twist on a classic piña colada.
Versatile. You can easily make this a virgin piña colada smoothie if you prefer non-alcoholic drinks.
Easy recipe. This drink is made with simple ingredients and can be ready in a couple of minutes.
- Strawberries - I like to use frozen fruit for this recipe
- Pineapple Juice
- Rum - I recommend using a white rum or golden rum. A dark rum will change the flavor too much.
- Cream of Coconut
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make a Strawberry Piña Colada
Step 1 - Place ice and strawberries in blender.
Step 2 - Add cream of coconut.
Step 3 - Add pineapple juice.
Step 4 - Add rum and run blender on high speed 15-20 second.
Top with a cocktail umbrella and a slice of strawberry.
Substitutions & Variations
- Non-alcoholic colada - instead of rum, use extra fruit juice or coconut milk.
- Flavor switch - Some popular other options include pineapple, mango, coconut, and banana.
- Add a layer - For a fun layered drink twist, you can include a layer of finely chopped strawberries in the middle of the drink.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone
- high power blender
- jigger or liquid measuring cup
- hurricane glass or similar
Store mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you make this ahead of time.
Frozen strawberries work best with this recipe as they act as a substitute for 2 cups of ice, without diluting the strawberry flavor. If you want to use fresh strawberries, double your ice, or at least add more.
You can wash and prepare fresh strawberries the day before and freeze them in a ziploc bag.
If you want a boost of coconut, you can use coconut rum in place of the white rum.
I do not recommend using coconut milk or coconut cream, cream of coconut is necessary to make this tasty drink.
You can also make some fun cocktail colada pops with this recipe if you have a popsicle mold.
A light rum is truly best so that id doesn't overpower the fruit flavors.
There are so many options, a slice of pineapple, a slice of coconut, or a maraschino cherry works. I also like to add a paper umbrella for parties.
I feel it is best to serve piña coladas fresh for the best flavor but, you can prepare the base mixture in advance if you like, and blend it with ice just before serving.
More Cocktail Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
More Strawberry Drinks
- Powerful Blender
- Tamper (optional)
- 2 16-Ounce Hurricane Glasses (optional)
- 2 Cups Ice
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 6 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- 4 Ounces White Rum
- 4 Ounces Cream of Coconut
- Fresh Strawberries optional garnish
- Set the strawberry garnishes off to the side and add the rest of the ingredients to a powerful blender, starting with the ice and frozen strawberries.
- Blend for about a minute or until nice and smooth. If need be, use a tamper to move the items around in your blender as it’s mixing. This helps it reach its full potential in blending power.
- Pour into two hurricane glasses, if desired. Pop the strawberry garnish on top and add a straw for the perfect finish. Enjoy!