This easy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is pure chocolate goodness wafting through my kitchen and offering a delicious hot drink. Perfect for a day of reading or movie watching, this recipe is easy to make and is tasty to enjoy.
This easy Hot Chocolate recipe is a nice way to enjoy the holidays and make a large batch of hot cocoa.
Happy Morning Friends!
As you know we are all about celebrating the season here on the island. After releasing our popular Hot Vanilla Milk and other hot chocolate recipes, I received emails asking if I had a slow cooker recipe. Today’s Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe is in response to those looking for a slow cooker recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This makes a delicious and velvety hot chocolate.
It is perfect for a cold day or for a holiday season gathering.
This hot cocoa recipe is my favorite way to make hot chocolate for a crowd. It is perfect to prepare on Christmas morning as this recipe makes enough for 8. You can easily double it for a larger crowd.
This creamy hot chocolate makes a great base for a hot chocolate bar too! You can top it with many things.
This recipe is super easy! Just a few ingredients which is so appreciated during the holiday season.
This slow cooker recipe just takes a few ingredients.
List of main ingredients:
Heavy Cream –I recommend using half and half or heavy cream for the richest hot chocolate. The milk in this recipe will cut through the heaviness of cream for a nice, balanced cup of cocoa and v
Candy Bars– Milk chocolate bars work best for this recipe. They add a deep chocolatey flavor to the hot chocolate.
Marshmallows – Use mini marshmallows or whipped topping for this recipe
Hot Chocolate Mix - Keep this Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix in your pantry all season long!
How to make Crock pot Hot Chocolate
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- Gather ingredients and break up the chocolate pars.
- Warm the milk and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mix and candy bars.
- Stir well with a whisk.
- Cook on low setting for 2 hours, stirring occaisionally.
- Serve in mugs, then garnish the top of the hot chocolate with marshmallows.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate Variations, Notes and Substitutions
- You can substitute chocolate chips for the chocolate bars
- Other fun topping ideas are Chopped candy canes, cinnamon sticks
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Be sure that you use cooled syrup to the recipe.
- You can store the syrup in a plastic squeeze bottle for easy use.
- Add a splash of peppermint schnapps for a fun adult spiked hot chocolate.
Serving, Storage & Leftover Suggestions
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Holiday Party Drinks
- Hot Apple Cider - A delicious hot apple cider with cinnamon and a hint of orange.
- Chocolate- Hot chocolate with the wonderful flavor of hazelnut!
- Best Hot Chocolate - My favorite stovetop hot chocolate recipe. It makes the best hot cocoa!
- White Hot Chocolate - A wonderful White Chocolate version of hot cocoa.
- Hot Vanilla Milk – Delicious warm drink made without chocolate..
- Bailey's Hot Chocolate - A Delicious hot cocoa with Baileys Irish Cream
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups whole milk or milk of your choice
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup hot chocolate mix see below
- 2 milk chocolate bars
- Marshmallows whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, peppermint pieces, etc
- In a large slow cooker combine milk, heavy cream and vanilla
- Add hot chocolate mix
- Break chocolate bars into pieces and add on top of mix
- Whisk until well combined
- Cover and set slow cooker to low for 2 hours or until warm, stir occasionally
We hope you enjoyed this easy recipe for hot chocolate for a crowd. It is perfect for your holiday table.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.