This fun and festive Halloween Chex mix is so easy to make and a family favorite this time of year.
Made with Chex cereal, Reese's pieces and a few other simple ingredients, it is the perfect snack to celebrate the season.
Why You Will Love This Easy Halloween Snack Mix
Like my homemade Chex mix, this easy recipe is perfect for Halloween parties and as a lunch box or TV time treat. Made with simple ingredients you may already have on hand.
This yummy mix does not take a lot of time to make and it is an inexpensive treat. It is a colorful and festive snack mix.
This is a good snack mix to change up too! You can add other items (like your favorite Halloween candy) to make it your own sweet treat mix.
It's also the perfect treat for a party favor,
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- brown sugar
- Rice Chex cereal
- M & Ms
- Reese's Pieces
See recipe card for quantities.
The full recipe instructions for this copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview.
Preheat oven. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and lower to simmer once sugar has dissolved. Add vanilla.
Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the Chex, pretzels and bugles. Stir to combine.
Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture over the salty snacks. Stir to coat cereal mixture.
Spread into an even layer. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
Allow mixture to cool. Add m&ms and reese's pieces and stir.
Substitutions & Variations
You can change up this recipe for your party guests.
- Candy pumpkins -You can add these cute pumpkins or candy corn to the mix.
- Peanut butter candies - You can substitute mini reese's candies for the pieces.
- Candy Eyeballs - add some big candy eyes for a fun twist.
- Mini marshmallows - or white chocolate chips can be added.
Chex Mix Serving and Storage Suggestions
Serve in a large pitcher or in little candy cups. You can also serve this in plastic treat bags as a Halloween treat or party favor.
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- large bowl
- large baking sheet
- medium saucepan
- rubber spatula
- parchment paper or wax paper
More Halloween Party Treats
You can add other salty and sweet snacks. It is totally up to you.
Halloween Chex Mix
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups bugles
- 1 cup M&Ms ghoul mix regular or peanut M&Ms
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat, until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar, and heat over medium high, until it begins to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- To your baking sheet, add rice chex, pretzels, and bugles. Stir to combine and mix the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture.
- Stir the mixture to coat everything in the sauce.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add M&Ms and Reese’s pieces and toss together.
I hope you loved this 'easy Halloween Chex Mix recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share delicious recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!