This Easy Homemade Bread Recipe is perfect when you are looking to bake fresh bread. This recipe is one of my favorite yeast bread recipes because it is so easy to make and it is delicious!
This recipe does not require bread flour or eggs so it is super simple to make. Nothing tastes like homemade bread and once you make it you will likely buy store bread less often. It's really easy and a favorite bread recipe.
Hello Friends! I am sure you are making the best of things and lately, I have been baking up a storm. While I enjoy cooking meals, baking has always been a happy place for me. Several people have asked me if I had any white bread recipes, so today I am sharing one.
Today’s homemade bread recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a bread recipe that is simple and tasty. It only takes a little time and a few ingredients to make this bread. I will sometimes make mini-loaves and give it to friends and neighbors because who doesn't love fresh bread?
This recipe makes one regular loaf or three mini loaves of bread.
Main Ingredients for this recipe:
Flour - All-purpose flour works well for this recipe. You do not need to use bread flour.
Yeast - I like to use the quick rising yeast for this recipe.
Butter - If you know me, you know I always use real butter, but margarine works well too.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful homemade white bread is pretty economical to make and it tastes great. You can use it for a side dish, for a sandwich or toast it for breakfast or garlic bread.
This recipe uses an oven and not a bread baker but you can use a b
How to Make Homemade Bread
If you’ve never made bread before, know that it is not difficult at all. You do have to knead it and let it rise a bit, but I think you will really love how tasty this comes out.
The full recipe is below, but here are a few tips per the photos above.
- Make sure your water is about 110° before adding to the yeast.
- I use instant yeast for this recipe, it always works well.
- Once you start adding the flour, the dough will be sticky.
- The dough will get smoother as you knead it.
- Be sure to cover the dough before covering.
- The dough can just go in the center of each vessel, don't worry about meeting the edges of the pan.
For more great recipes ideas
- Easy Beer Bread - This Beer Bread recipe is so easy – just six of ingredients to make a wonderful loaf of homemade bread in just a little over an hour.
- No Yeast Drop Biscuits - These biscuits are made with just a few ingredients and they taste like they are made from buttermilk.
- Ultimate Garlic Bread – Cheesy goodness in a simple recipe that goes well with so many casserole and pasta dishes.
- Easy Golden Corn Bread -this easy Cornbread Recipe from Cornmeal is so easy to make and is delicious! It takes the same time as a mix and tastes so good!
Don't forget to pin this recipe.
Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
Homemade Bread Recipe
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ oz Package yeast
- ⅓ cup warm water ( 110°-115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon additional butter
- In a bowl, mix together sugar yeast and water.
- Let sit for 5 minutes for the yeast to proof (dissolve and puff up).
- Add salt, milk, two tablespoons butter, and half of the flour until blended.
- Add remaining flour and once dough forms, place on a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Butter a clean mixing bowl and put the dough in it.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 40-50 minutes. NOTE: brush the top of the dough with melted butter before covering so that the plastic does not stick to it.
- When time is up, punch the dough to remove air and place in a greased loaf pan or mini loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- At the end of the rise time, bake in oven 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Watch your bread as mini-loaf pans vary in size.
- Let cool 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- I love to make this recipe in mini-loaves (like this one) and you can freeze the dough right before baking. Freeze in an airtight, freezer-safe container. when ready to bake, allow the dough to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Use instant yeast for this recipe, traditional active dry yeast will involve an extra step.
- As much as you might want to skip the kneading or rising process, don't, both are necessary for high-quality homemade bread.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
My mom has been baking bread at home too. She (and you) have made me believe that I can do it too!
You totally can! It's easy!
We love homemade bread and this souds nice and easy. Pinned.
Donna @ Modern on Monticello
One of my favorite appliances is my bread machine but any recipe for fresh bread is a winner for me. This looks delicious! #HomeMattersParty