These Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas are one of the easiest dinners ever. Especially if you are trying to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes and it has been a busy day.
These are so comforting and tasty that they are like a big hug. I also love that there really are only just a few ingredients needed for this weeknight meal idea.
This is one of those go-to recipes when I have about 30 minutes to get dinner on the table. I love making these because they remind me of our big family dinners with my grandmother when I was growing up.
She was a fabulous cook and made everything from her tortillas to her tamales from scratch! While I love cooking from scratch sometimes, I also love to take shortcuts when possible. I am happy to tell you that this recipe is made simpler with a jar of salsa, one of the best cooking shortcuts ever.
As Mother’s Day comes around, I cannot help but think of her and how she loved celebrating with us. My family would have a big celebration with music, games and lots of great Mexican food! It was all about making the most of your time with family!
These days, we love simple dinners with Mexican flavors like these Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas!
This simple Chili Verde recipe is made using a bottled green salsa. Know one will know you took a simple shortcut with a salsa verde. They are that good! I hope that your family loves this easy Mexican recipe as much as we do!
I like to add a few chopped tomatoes for color when serving to change it up.
These are so easy, it makes for the perfect weeknight meal.
Don’t forget to save this recipe.
For more great Mexican inspired dinners, check out:
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde – A different recipe that has a creamier sauce.
Taco Pasta – Made on your stovetop in a single pan. This pasta is wonderful if you like tacos!
Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas
Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup Salsa Verde from a jar or can
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend cheddar & monterey jack
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 small tomato died
- 1 tablespoon green onions/chives sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado diced
- sour cream for serving
- Heat the over to 350 °F.
- Butter the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish
- Warm half the tortillas in the microwave about 30 seconds (wrapped in a paper towel)
- Place about 2 tablespoons cooked chicken in each tortilla
- Top chicken with one tablespoon salsa verde
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese blend
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro
- Wrap tortilla ends together, and repeat for rest of enchiladas
- Pour remaining salsa verde over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese and green onions
- Bake 110-15 minutes until heated through
- Top with avocados and tomatoes
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream on top.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.