These Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas are one of the easiestÂ dinners ever. Especially if you are trying to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes and it has been a busy day. These are so comforting and tasty that they are like a big hug.
This is one of those go to recipes when I have about 30 minutes to get dinner on the table. I love making these because they remind me of our big family dinners with my abuela (grandmother) when I was growing up. She was a fabulous cook and made everything from her tortillas to her tamales from scratch! While I love cooking from scratch sometimes, I also love to take shortcuts when possible. I am happy to tell you thatÂ thisÂ recipe is sponsored by theÂ HERDEZ brand of salsas, one of the bestÂ cookingÂ shortcuts ever.
As Mother’s Day comes around, I cannot help but think of her and how she loved celebrating with us. We celebratedÂ DĂa del NiĂ±o (Day of The Child) when I was little. In the Mexican culture, itâ€™s a time for communities to come together to hold special events for children and to remember the joys of childhood. My family would have a big celebration with music, games and lots of >great Mexican food! It was all about making the most of your time with family!
These days, we still incorporate and stress the importance of family time we still celebrate with some Mexican flavors like these Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas!
This simple Chili Verde recipe is made using HERDEZÂ® BrandÂ Salsa Verde and is true to a home-made verde sauce because, HERDEZÂ® Brand cares about authenticity in both food and culture. Did you know it is the No. 1 selling salsa in Mexico? They are that good! I hope that this easy Mexican recipe inspires your to celebrate your children!
Easy Chili Verde Enchiladas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1½ cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup Herdez Salsa Verde
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend (cheddar & monterey jack)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 small tomato, died
- 1 tablespoon green onions/chives sliced
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- sour cream for serving
- Heat the over to 350 Â°F.
- Butter the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish
- Warm half the tortillas in the microwave about 30 seconds (wrapped in a paper towel)
- Place about 2 tablespoons cooked chicken in each tortilla
- Top chicken with one tablespoon salsa verde
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese blend
- Sprinkle with about ½ teaspoon of cilantro
- Wrap tortilla ends together, and repeat for rest of enchiladas
- Pour remaining salsa verde over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese and green onions
- Bake 110-15 minutes until heated through
- Top with avocados and tomatoes
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream on top.
In honor of the authentic holiday, DĂa del NiĂ±o, the HERDEZÂ® Brand encourages family and friends to celebrate their youngest family members by passing down beloved traditions where the heart of each celebration starts: in the kitchen.
Check out the Celebrate Your Chef Giveaway on the HERDEZÂ® Brand FacebookÂ page and Instagram page.Â You can enter forÂ a chance to win one of the following prizes:
– Grand Prize: 2 cooking classes for 2 (parent & child) plus $1000
– 2nd Place: 1 cooking classes for 2 (parent & child) plus $300
– 3rd Place: Child cooking gift basket
– Weekly prizes/honorable mentions: Child size DĂa del NiĂ±o apron.
Additionally, there will also be Weekly DĂa del NiĂ±o Trivia questions on the HERDEZÂ® brand Facebook giving fans another opportunity to win a child size DĂa del NiĂ±o apron.
For more great recipes, check out the Herdez recipe page!