This easy baked salmon recipe is one I have been making for years. I prefer to bake salmon in the oven, so that it does not leave a fish aroma in the kitchen. Sometimes we grill it, but it has been very chilly (for us) here in California, so this is a great way to prepare salmon in the oven.
My midwest and eastern friends laugh at me because what we call cold here, is t-shirt weather for a lot of folks. Here is how I prepare mine in the oven.
This baked salmon recipe goes well with vegetables, rice and noodles as a side dish. You may need to adjust the cooking time basked on the thickness of your salmon steak. This recipe adds a nice mildly sweet mustard glaze and is a great meatless option. Salmon is a favorite dish of both my kids, and so we make this often.
Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and brush on sauce. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
So delicious with the glaze. We make this over and over again. These photos don’t do it justice but I encourage you to try it.
Easy Baked Salmon Recipe
Easy Baked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 salmon filet (14-16 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Blend together butter, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, oil and ginger in a saucepan over low heat until blended and sugar is melted.In the meantime, prepare a baking pan by lining with foil. Place salmon filet skin side down on foil. If salmon has bones, you can debone before or after cooking.Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and brush on sauce. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness. Be sure to test before pulling it out of the oven. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
For more great meatless meals, check out:
- Herb Crusted Fish with Red Pepper Sauce a delicious easy meal idea made with your favorite filet.
- Vegetable Quesadillas – Fresh vegetables, chipotles sauce, and tortillas make this a perfect meatless dinner idea.
- Spinach Feta Quiche – The perfect quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Delicious!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
What is your favorite fish to cook?