This easy Pancake Board is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch, It really doesn’t take any extra time, but the presentation makes for a fun morning spread.
A fun Breakfast Board idea for when you have family in town are just looking for a way to kick off the weekend with family.
How is your week going? We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and enjoying watching football again.
Today’s recipe idea is an easy one when you are looking for a fun way to change up breakfast. I love simple entertainment ideas like this one because I can change up the meal for the season. Food boards are a fun way to serve a meal and breakfast is a great way to start the day with some festiveness!
There is just something about a food board that is appetizing and special.
Be sure to check out these other fabulous breakfast recipes:
- Pumpkin Pancakes – Delicious pumpkin pancakes made in minutes – perfect for fall!
- Bacon Breakfast Muffins – fresh eggs, bacon, and cheese make these little breakfast bites so delicious and incredibly easy.
- Southwestern Bacon Sausage Breakfast Tacos – filled with eggs, cheddar cheese, green onions, sausage, and bacon
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole – A lovely breakfast casserole that can be made ahead 0f time
How to make a Pancake Board
- Determine how many you plan to feed. The pancake board here feeds 4-6 people.
- Decide what to include on your breakfast board. You can go with a basic theme such as breakfast, or expand on it to make it a tropical breakfast or a pumpkin spice brunch.
- Determine bowls, plates, and other serverware you will need. I have a few suggestions on this below.
- Prepare food items.
- Serve food items in bowls and plates.
Making a breakfast board is easy if you have coordinating server ware. It doesn’t even need to be a set. I like using white bowls, trays, and ramekins to make the food board.
There are so many options of what to choose to serve on your board. Here are a few:
Pancakes– of course, they are the star of this show. I like to use regular Bartlett pears because they are juicy, plump and they hold their shape after being baked. I don’t peel them and use baked and raw wedges in the salad. The contrast is wonderful.
Meats – Bacon, Sausage, or Chorizo can be added to the board.
Fresh Fruit – Fresh fruit is a must for any board. It brings a sense of seasonality and color to the meal.
Muffins– Depending on the season, you could choose…
Condiments – Syrup, butter, powdered sugar are a few items you can include as toppings depending on what you decide to serve.
- Peanut butter
- Fruit sauces
- Whipped topping
- Bananas or baked apples.
Use what you have on hand for serving. I also have a fun collection of food board serverware ideas at my Amazon shop.
Don’t forget to pin this fun breakfast idea.
1. Place washed and cut fruit in bowls. 2. Prepare breakfast meats. 3. Prepare pancakes. 4. Arrange on board.
1. Place washed and cut fruit in bowls.
2. Prepare breakfast meats.
3. Prepare pancakes.
4. Arrange on board.
- Purchase prepared fruit for your board. Precut mango or watermelon work great by adding nutrients and color to the board.
- Make the bacon and sausage ahead of time and warm up when ready to eat.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.