This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCormickMayonesa #MayonesaAtKroger
This easy Baja Chicken is a wonderful dinner recipe for any day of the year! This Baja recipe uses a perfected homemade marinade, juicy chicken, colorful tomatoes, and jalapeños and is made easily in minutes on your stovetop.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? Are you enjoying the summer days and longer evenings? We are all about enjoying the season and keeping our time in the kitchen minimal.
Today's recipe is a simple and flavorful chicken dinner with a Latin flair. I have a passion for memorable recipes that give a nod to my Mexican heritage. I enlisted the help of McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice to help me make a delicious, Mexican-inspired stovetop dinner.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful one-dish meal. No need to dirty a bunch of different pans. This is one of those easy Mexican dishes that you will want to make over and over again.
I love how easy this recipe comes together; you just need a few ingredients.
List of main ingredients:
McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime - Imported from Mexico, McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice is the market leader on flavored Mayonesa. It adds a wonderful hint of lime juice to add a tangy flavor to dishes. You can find it in the condiment aisle of your grocery store. I found mine at Ralph's Grocery store.
Chicken –You will want to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can also make this dish with chicken tenders if you like.
Tomatoes - I like the fresh tomates en rama (on the vine tomatoes), but you can use any kind of tomato.
Cilantro – Use fresh cilantro if you can. If you don't have it you can use dried coriander.
Jalapeño - I add a little bit of sliced Jalapeño for an additional kick. You can substitute an Anaheim chili if you wish..
How to make Baja Chicken
It is really simple to make this delicious Baja Chicken dinner.
- Start with the McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime as a base.
- Add a few spices to complete the seasoned marinade.
- Coat the chicken in the seasoned marinade.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
5. While the chicken is cooking, cut the tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro.
6. Brown the chicken on the other side and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
7. Add the tomatoes and jalapeño to the pan and heat through.
8. Serve with queso fresco.
I like to serve it with a few avocado slices and tortillas.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- ½ cup McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ onion chopped
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and divided
- 1 jalapeno or chili pepper chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1. In a wide bowl, blend together Mayonesa, ground cumin, garlic salt, and one clove of crushed garlic. This flavorful mixture becomes your marinade.
- 2. n a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until warm. Add one clove of crushed garlic and the chopped onion to the skillet and saute.
- 3. Coat the chicken pieces with marinade on both sides, set aside.
- 4. Cook until browned on one side, and flip the chicken.
- 5. White chicken is cooking, dice the tomatoes and jalapeño or chili.
- 6. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center (5-7 minutes).
- 7. Add chopped tomatoes and chili to the pan and heat through.
- 8. Top with cilantro.
- Chop the onions and cilantro ahead of time so they are ready when you are.
- If you don't have queso Fresca, sour cream also works great as a serving suggestion.
- Double the recipe and use the delicious chicken in a second recipe to make chicken tacos or burritos.
Be sure to pick up a jar of McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice next time you are at Ralph's. It adds a wonderful flavor to your dishes.
You can also find it online at Ralph's and they will deliver it to you.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, be a part of the familia! You can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Have you tried McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice yet?