If you love easy recipes, you'll especially love this one! This mini monkey bread recipe is the perfect sweet treat if you just want a dessert for a few people. I love that I can make a little individual monkey bread for each person out of refrigerator rolls! The best part is that it's only five ingredients!
This isn't your traditional money bread. Get ready to try a super easy and yummy mini monkey bread recipe that you'll love making in your kitchen. Whether you want a quick family treat after week day dinners or are getting ready for a special celebration, this yummy cinnamon pull apart bread is just right.
They're filled with the amazing tastes of cinnamon, sugar, and butter, making them a heavenly addition to any occasion.
This mini monkey bread recipe is a tasty treat you can enjoy any day of the week. It's also a versatile and simple dessert that can add joy to your table. Savor the fantastic flavors and share these mini delights with your loved ones for a sweet experience that's bound to become a family favorite.
Why You'll Love This Mini Monkey Bread Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This recipe requires minimal effort and time, making it perfect for busy days or last-minute celebrations.
- Irresistible Flavors: The combination of cinnamon, sugar, and melted butter creates a golden brown exterior and a luscious, sweet glaze that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- Versatile: Whether you're looking for New Year's Evr family sharable recipes, some Valentine's Day treats, or just a regular day, these mini monkey bread muffins fit any occasion.
- Perfect for Sharing: The individual portions make these mini monkey breads ideal for sharing with loved ones or serving at parties.
- East Alternative to Cinnamon Rolls: There's no need for a rolling pin with this recipe. This monkey bread recipe is made with canned biscuits, but you can also make it with crescent rolls.
Ingredients for monkey bread minis
- Pre-made biscuit dough
- Brown sugar
Equipment and kitchen tools
- Mini bundt pan
- small bowl
- medium sauce pan.
How to make easy mini monkey breads
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Grease a mini bundt pan with butter
Mix the white sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Cut each biscuit and separate dough into eight equal pieces.
Roll each of the small pieces in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Place cinnamon-sugar-covered biscuit pieces in a mini bundt pan or muffin pan. Fill each opening with cut-up biscuits (about 6-7 pieces per mini-bread).
Melt butter in the microwave or in a saucepan. Combine butter and brown sugar and heat until it bubbles.
Pour the butter mixture evenly over all the biscuits in the pan.
Bake for 35–40 minutes.
Let bread cool in pan for 10–12 minutes
The result is delicious individual monkey breads!
Tips for the Best Results
- For a perfect golden brown finish, ensure the biscuits are evenly coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Experiment with different biscuit varieties, or add nuts for extra texture.
- Drizzle extra melted butter and sugar over the top for added indulgence.
- Spread a little butter or non-stick cooking spray on the pan for easy removal.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Substitutions and Variations
- Customize your mini monkey breads with your favorite toppings, such as chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts or dried fruit like apples or raisins.
- Add chocolate chips or chunks to the biscuit pieces for a chocolatey surprise in every bite.
- Incorporate a pinch of nutmeg or a dash of pumpkin spice to enhance the warm, comforting flavors.
- Drizzle a layer of homemade caramel sauce over the top before baking for an extra decadent touch.
- Grate a bit of orange or lemon zest into the cinnamon sugar mixture to brighten up the flavors.
- Experiment with a savory version by adding shredded cheese, garlic powder, and herbs to the biscuit pieces.
- Decorate your mini monkey breads with colorful holiday-themed sprinkles for festive occasions.
- Serve the mini monkey bread warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an indulgent dessert.
- If you don't have a bundt pan, you can also use a muffin tin.
- You can change the flavor of monkey bread to suit your tastes. For example, you could replace the cinnamon and sugar with garlic and herbs to make mini garlic monkey bread that is perfect for pairing with pizza or pasta.
- Make banana bread monkey bread by adding bananas and walnuts.
- Make apple pie monkey bread by adding apple pie filling.
- Make luscious lemon cream pie monkey bread by adding lemon curd and whipped cream.
FAQs about This Recipe
I would not recommend making these ahead of time because they will not taste as fresh.
This recipe can be adapted for various dietary needs, such as using a dairy-free alternative to butter.
Add a touch of holiday magic by incorporating seasonal ingredients, like a sprinkle of festive-colored sugar.
More Delicious Homemade Bread Recipes
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake - I just love pound cake and this delightful bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch or snacking.
Easy Carrot Muffins - Perfect for spring! Like a mini carrot cake, but without the frosting.
Simple Scone Recipes - here is a gathering of some beautiful, elegant and delicious scone recipes
Mini Monkey Bread
- 1 12oz package refrigerator biscuits
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a mini loave pan with butter
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces each.
- Roll each mini piece in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place cinnamon sugar covered biscuit pieces in a mini bundt pan or muffin pan. Fill each opening with cut up biscuits (about 6-7 pieces per mini-bread).
- Melt butter in the microwave or a saucepan. Add brown sugar and heat until it bubbles.
- Pour brown sugar butter evenly over all biscuits in pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan 10-12 minutes
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.