This easy macaroon recipe is a great way to celebrate Macaroon Day! Today I am sharing a quick cookie recipe for easy Coconut Macaroons. Yes, it really is National Macaroon Day. If you have never tried these simple and flourless cookies, it is high time you did.
small Gotta love it right? These are a perfect treat for a cookie exchange or tailgate party.
Why This Macaroon Recipe
- These chewy coconut macaroons are great to enjoy any time of year!
- This recipe will delight anyone who is a coconut lover.
- These have crisp outer layer with a soft chewy texture.
How To Make Macaroons
- coconut flakes
- Egg white
- sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
Equipment & Tools
- medium or large bowl
- spoon or mixer
- cookie sheet
- measuring spoon
- cookie scoop
You mix the batter and just scoop onto parchment paper.
You must pop them in the oven and bake.
Let cool and enjoy.
Easy Macaroon Recipe
Bake about 15 minutes or until coconut is light brown.
Oh, and if you want to add a fifth ingredient, which I highly recommend you can top with some melted chocolate chips. These make the most wonderful treat for hanging out or for watching your favorite shows. Makes about 2 dozen delightfully chewy cookies.
The best way to melt chocolate chips is on the microwave. You can use this for any chocolate drizzle you might use for a cookie or cupcake topping.
In the old days, we would use a double boiler to melt the chips, but now the microwave is much easier and quicker.
We are all about saving time here you know!
To make chocolate macaroons, you will need to melt chocolate chips.
How to melt Chocolate Chips in the Microwave
Take 1 cup of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips and place them in a microwave-safe small bowl.
Melt the chips for about 20-30 seconds.
Check to see if they are able to be drizzled with a spoon.
Repeat the process until the chocolate is melted to the desired consistency. (it will take a couple of times)
Drizzle over cooled coconut macaroons and let set.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Using a cookie scoop will help ensure uniform, round cookies.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can substitute almond extract for vanilla extract.
- If making chocolate macaroons, you can substitute milk chocolate with white chocolate or dark chocolate.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Serve with a dollop of melted chocolate on top.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- The macaroons are best enjoyed at room temperature.
You can freeze coconut macaroons,
To freeze, let the baked macaroons cool completely before freezing. Place in a freezer bag or similar.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Snowball Cookies - perfect any time of year, but especially fun at Christmas!
- Ginger drops -Delicious ginger and molasses cookies.
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe – delicious and perfect!
Easy Coconut Macaroon Recipe
- 1 14 oz. package shredded coconut unsweetened (about 5 cups)
- 1 egg white
- 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg white in a medium bowl about 30 seconds on medium speed (until egg forms stiff peaks)
- Add coconut, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet using a small scoop, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around edges and on top.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
This easy macaroon recipe is from the early days when I used to put borders around my photos. But the recipe is as good and simple as the day I first posted it.
It is truly one of the easiest cookie recipes around. I hope you will celebrate with me and try one! I am hoping to get to the beach this weekend. What are you doing this weekend?
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.