A delicious Fried Babybel Cheese recipe that is super easy to make on your stovetop or air fryer. This tasty appetizer is delicious and made with just a handful of ingredients in just about 15 minutes!
Fried cheese is nothing new, but recently, this Fried cheese recipe has been a bit viral on Tik Tok.
Why This Recipe
What is really cool about this recipe, is that it literally is just four ingredients and so easy to make. Talk about a great idea for a quick tv snack – this is it.
Or if you are looking for a quick cheese appetizer, this recipe is perfect. You can make it on the stovetop or in an air fryer. The result is a lightly breaded hot cheese snack that is terrific for gatherings and game nights. Plus they are actually kind of fun to make.
Ingredients For Fried Babybel Cheese
Like I said, you just need four ingredients.
Baby bel cheese – You want the minis. I like the original but for a milder, you can use the Light baby bel in the blue pack.
2 eggs – room temperature is best.
Italian breadcrumbs – Go for the ones with seasoning for extra flavor.
Vegetable Oil – for frying
How to Make Fried Babybel Cheese Snacks
1. Heat oil on medium high in a heavy skillet.
2. Dip each baby Bell cheese in egg.
3. Dip into bread crumbs and flip over.
4. Repeat 2-3 times, back to the egg and then the bread crumbs.
5. Place into hot skillet and fry 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip cheese to other side till golden brown (another 2-3 minutes).
The final step is to let dry on a paper towel for a couple of minutes. Then they are ready to go with cheesy deliciousness.
Timesaving tips to make this perfect every time
- Make sure the oil is hot before placing the cheese in it or the cheese will get soggy. Oil should be about 375°F.
- Be sure to unwrap the plastic and remove the wax that the cheese is in before dipping it in the egg mixture.
- To make in the air fryer, cook in a preheated pressure cooker at 400° F for about 5 minutes.
What Should I Serve With Fried Babybel Cheese?
Fried cheese goes great with Marinara sauce, Ranch Dressing or Salsa.
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes – Tik Tok Recipe
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.