These easy Peppermint Crunch Cupcakes are perfect for a fun and festive holiday dessert! This perfect holiday dessert idea is easily made with the help of a boxed cake mix, white chocolate and peppermint candies.
These lovely cupcakes will brighten anyone’s day.
Hello Friends! How was your weekend? We finally got our Christmas tree up and also spent some time watching our football team. Festivities are gearing up and there is nothing like getting together with family and friends this season.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a different dessert idea to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one, because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and make a special dessert that is memorable and flavorful.
I love these peppermint crunch cupcakes because I am a big fan of the peppermint crunch candies. I do not use the hard peppermint candies for this recipe, but instead use the creamy chocolate covered kind because, well – chocolate! This is what the look like when chopped. They offer a nice peppermint taste and just enough crunch. You can find them here.
I always use a homemade buttercream frosting when making cupcakes because it really does taste
These are wonderful to serve at holiday parties or as a dessert to any meal.
Check out these other great holiday recipes:
- Milk Chocolate Bark – a great gift idea with just 4 ingredients. Perfect for gift-giving.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge – a simple and delicious twist on fudge.
- Nutella Swirl Cupcakes – These are beautiful cupcakes for hazelnut lovers
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, please consider it. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
I love making cupcakes and love to change them up with each season. These cupcakes are topped with a Peppermint Vanilla Buttercream. The frosting is then topped with peppermint crunch bits and some candy cane pieces for decoration.
- You can chop up the Peppermint crunch candies ahead of time and keep them in a baggie or sealed container. These little bits are great for cookies and toppings too! Add a few to the top of whipped cream covered hot chocolate for a fun and festive warm drink.
- You can make the cupcakes ahead the day before and frost them the day you plan to serve them. If you decide to frost them ahead of time, be sure to keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
- I prefer cupcakes to cakes because the clean up is easy and it is an easy way to offer single servings. This can also be converted to a full cake too!
- I use a frosting tip to top the cupcakes with the frosting. They really add to the allure of the cupcake but you can frost them with a butter knife or spatula too. The tips I use and recommend are these from Wilton.
Easy Peppermint Crunch Cupcakes
- 1 box white, vanilla or yellow cake mix, plus eggs and oil per box recipe
- 1/4 cup White chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Peppermint chocolate candies, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix cake mix per package directionss.
3. Blend batter by hand 2 minutes
4. Fold in 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peppermint pieces.
5. Pour into prepared cupcake liners
6. Bake per package directions. Let cool 20-30 minutes.
7. Frost with Buttercream frosting and top with chopped peppermint pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Buttercream Peppermint Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk or water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Cream butter with an electric mixer on low speed.
Add sugar slowly one-half cup at a time and blend.
Add milk and vanilla extract.
Whip on medium speed until frosting peaks.
Frost when cupcakes have cooled.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.