These delicious cinnamon toast crunch cupcakes are a fun dessert with a tasty cinnamon sugar flavor. They have little cinnamon bits in the cake and are topped with a cinnamon toast crunch buttercream.
Why This Recipe Rocks
This easy cupcakes recipe is a fun way to incorporate your favorite cereals into a dessert.
This cupcake recipe and method can be used to make other cereal flavored cupcakes.
These are made with a cake mix to save you time.
These are so tasty too!
Cinnamon cupcakes are so easy to make.
- cinnamon toast cereal
- white cake mix
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon chips
- whipping cream
See recipe card for quantities.
Use this section for process shots, alternating between the step and image showing the step. Users don't like seeing process shots cluttering up the recipe card, so include your process shots here.
Step One: Heat oven to 375°f. Place paper liners into muffin cups. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cake mix, vegetable oil and water. Fold in crushed cereal pieces. (Crumble cereal pieces in a food processor or using a rolling pin).
Step Two: Pour better into prepared cupcake pan. Place into oven and bake as directed.
Step Three: Prepare frosting per recipe card below. Prepare drizzle with cinnamon chips and milk.
Step Four: Once cupcakes have cooled, frost with frosting, drizzle caramel with a spoon.
Hint: For best results, use room temperature butter when making the frosting.
Here are a few substitutions for this recipe
- Cake Mix - You can use a vanilla cake mix or white cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix.
- Caramel Drizzle - You can use a caramel sauce from your grocery store rather than make your own.
- Cake - You can use this recipe to make a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake instead of cupcakes if you wish.
For this recipe you will need the following:
- large mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- cupcake or muffin tins
- cupcake liners
- piping bag - optional
- piping tip - optional
Store cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Easy Cupcake Recipes
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
- 24 cupcake liners
- cupcake tin
- piping bag
- piping tip
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup cooking oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt I used pink Himalayan
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
- ½ tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line a standard muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl filled with the cake mix, add in the water, oil, and eggs. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix on medium until well incorporated.
- Fold in ¾ cup of the crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.
- Add batter into the muffin tin until each is about ⅔ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter, and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while adding in a tablespoon of the cream in between each cup. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Fill your prepared piping bag with frosting. Frost cupcakes.
- In a small bowl, add the cinnamon chips and milk. Heat at 50% power for 25 seconds. Stir. If the chips are not completely melted, repeat.
- Drizzle mixture over the frosted cupcakes. Top with a bit of the crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal. Enjoy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Sew Crafty Crochet
Your cupcakes look really yummy! I'm sure my kiddos would LOVE them, so I'm absolutely pinning this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
One of our favorite cereals! This would be such a blast to make.
They were fun to make!
Oh this looks so tempting! Combining two of the best memories of my younger years -- cupcakes and cinnamon toast crunch!!!
What fun! i love playing with different cereal flavours and these cupcakes were delicious.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch was one of my favorite cereals! So it makes perfect sense that I couldn't stop eating these delicious cupcakes. Made them for a birthday party and wow! What a hit! Thank you for the recipe.