These quick and easy Cherry Cupcakes are perfect for a super easy Valentine's dessert. Made with a boxed mix and some maraschino cherries, this cherry filled cupcake comes together with little effort and tastes delicious!
Do you ever feel like you want to surprise your family with something special, but you do not want to make a trip to the market to put it together? With Valentine's Day coming quickly,
I wanted to bake some special cupcakes for the family, but I did not want to make a trip to the store. You see, I would always try to serve pink food to celebrate the day.
Sometimes I had to get creative and on the day I made these, I got lucky and I found a jar of cherries in the cupboard. These Cherry Cupcakes were born!
I used a white cake mix and grabbed the jar of cherries and went to town. Super easy and quick, my kind of recipe for a busy day. I used a boxed cake mix to save some time.
Cherry Cupcakes ~Ingredients Needed
Boxed Cake Mix - I used a white cake mix, but a vanilla cake mix will work as well.
Maraschino Cherries .- I use the juice in the frosting and if you used a white cake mix, you can use some of the juice and cherries.
Powdered Sugar- A must for any frosting recipe.
How to Make Cherry Cupcakes
Drain a small jar of maraschino cherries. Save the juice for the frosting.
2. Chop the cherries using a knife or food processor.
3. Mix cake mix according to package directions and add the chopped maraschino cherries.
4. Bake cupcakes as directed.
5. Frost when cool with Maraschino Buttercream Frosting recipe below.
Here is a peek at the cherries inside the cupcake.
Frost with cherry buttercream frosting.
More Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes
Valentine's Candy Bark - A delicious white chocolate bark you can easily make in minutes.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries - So delicious and makes any day special!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Don't forget to pin these!
- 1 12 oz. jar maraschino cherries
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
Cherry Buttercream Frosting
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Maraschino cherry juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- drops red food coloring optional
- 1, Drain a small jar of maraschino cherries. Save the juice for the frosting.
- Chop the cherries using a knife or food processor.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions and add the chopped maraschino cherries.
- Bake cupcakes as directed.
Prepare Cherry Buttercream Frosting
- In a separate bowl, Cream butter with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add sugar slowly. Add cherry juice and a couple of drops of red food coloring. Whip on medium speed until frosting peaks. Frost when cupcakes have cooled
- Frost when cool with Maraschino Frosting recipe below.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!