This delicious 4th of July Cookie cake is as festive and so tasty. It is the perfect chocolate flecked dessert for your 4th of July Party.
Whether you are hosting a Fourth of July party or packing a picnic meal for a fireworks display, this is the perfect dessert.
We love celebrating the 4th with fun Patriotic desserts.
This is also a great dessert for a crowd. Easy to put together too!
Why This is a Great 4th of July Dessert Recipe
Easy Recipe.Cookie cakes are easy to make, requiring only a few ingredients and minimal preparation time.
Delicious. This cookie cake has all the flavor of a delicious chocolate chip cookie in a fun and unexpected dessert.
Festive. This cake is fun and festive, making it a great dessert option for gatherings and parties. Everyone loves it.
- all purpose flour
- chocolate chips
- patriotic sprinkles
See recipe card for quantities.
- Butter: You can substitute butter with margarine, coconut oil, or vegetable shortening.
- Chocolate chips: You can substitute semisweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips.
- Flour: You can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour.
Step 1 - Preheat oven and blend butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
Step 2 - Add wet and dry ingredients and blend well.
Step 3 - Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate candies.
Step 4 - Press evenly into a prepared baking pan.
Bake as directed until cookie is golden brown.
Hint: Let cool completely before adding frosting.
Frost the edge or top as you wish and add a few sprinkles on the frosting.
Timesaving and Expert Tips for This Recipe
- Wait until the cookie cake has completely cooled before cutting. Cutting a warm or hot cookie cake can cause it to crumble and break apart.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut the cookie cake. A dull knife may crush the cookie and make it difficult to cut cleanly.
- Cut the cookie cake into wedges like a pizza or into squares like a traditional cake. Use a ruler or a measuring tape to ensure even cuts.
- If you're having trouble cutting through the chocolate chips, try dipping your knife or pizza cutter into hot water before making each cut. This can help melt the chocolate slightly and make it easier to cut through.
- Serve the cookie cake with a spatula or a cake server to prevent it from breaking apart when you transfer it to a plate.
- Store any leftover cookie cake in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to three days.
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Yes, you can freeze chocolate chip cookie dough. Just shape the dough into balls and freeze them on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container. You can bake them straight from frozen, just add a couple of minutes to the baking time.
. The edges should be golden brown and the center should be set
Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter. Just make sure to use a margarine that is specifically labeled for baking.
More 4th of July Desserts
4th of July Cookie Cake
- 1 cup butter divided
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup red and blue M&Ms
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 4 th of July sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a 10 inch springform pan, or a 10 inch round cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat ½ cup of butter until smooth.
- Add in brown sugar and sugar, and mix well to combine.
- Add eggs and 1 ½ tsp. vanilla and mix again.
- In another bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow the cookie cake to cool completely.
- For the frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat ½ cup butter, until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar, 1 tsp. Vanilla, and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag with a 1M star tip.
- Pipe frosting around the edge of the cookie cake.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share great recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!