A Valentines Sugar Cookies Recipe that is perfect for decorating and tastes great too! This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
Hello Friends! We are getting lots of rain (finally) here in Southern California. When it rains and is cold out, it pretty much turns into the baking season in my kitchen. Today I am sharing one of the Best Valentine’s Sugar Cookies Recipes that I use. These are the perfect cookies for tea parties, school parties, family treats or a Galentine’s celebration.
They not only hold up well to icing, they really taste great too. I use a light vanilla icing on mine.
I have been enjoying these lately while doing some beginning of year planning. I am planning personal goals as well as topics for this blog.
By the way, for those of you who have completed my reader survey, thank you! It is so good to hear from you and really helps me determine what to share on here. If you have not completed one, please take a couple of minutes as it would really help me out. It is only 10 questions and there is an incentive for you too!
On to Valentine’s Day Planning! As you know, we have celebrated Valentine’s day in the past. There is just something special about celebrating friendship and loved ones. I still like to give little Valentine’s gifts to friends just to let them know that I care about them. For these great cookies, all you need is a cute cookie cutter.
Decorated Valentines Sugar Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour1/2 teaspoon salt
- icing (recipe below)
- Mix together first five ingredients listed.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix well (for best results use an electric mixer or your hands)
- Roll dough into a ball and cover with waxed paper.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll out dough to about ¼" thickness on a flat surface and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool before decorating
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
pink or red food coloring
Mix together powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.
add just enough coloring for desired shade of pink.
Drizzle and spread over cookies.
Let dry completely before serving.
For more great Valentine’s Ideas. Check out these
- Valentine’s Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Valentine’s cookie recipes you will love – Over two dozen Valentine’s Cookie Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Snacks for Kids – Lots of idea for kid snacks
Will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day, or both?
For moreFor some great cookie ideas, check out these (click on photo)
For Valentine’s celebration ideas, check out these fun Valentine’s crafts and recipes.
Easy Valentines Day Snacks for Kids