These Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious and easy way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Made with just a handful of ingredients, this valentine’s day snack recipe is easy to make in minutes.
These are so fun and festive to make, just like all of our other Valentine's Day Recipes.
Why Make This Recipe
Fun This festive Strawberry rice Krispies treats recipe is a fun twist on the classic rice Krispie treat. They make the perfect valentine’s day snack. Whether you make this for a valentine's day parties or as fun treats for your family, it is a lovely sweet treat to celebrate the season. For a party, you can divide the treats into decorative cellophane bags with a tag for a lovely gift idea.
Simple This easy cereal treat recipe is made with just 7 simple ingredients. These Pink rice Krispie treats are a no bake recipe and is an inexpensive great treat snack idea.
Delicious The addition of strawberries adds a touch of real strawberry flavor. The salty and sweet combination makes for a perfect tasty snack. It is a nice mix to enjoy while watching tv or movies too.
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
- Rice Krispies cereal or your favorite brand of crisp rice cereal
- Butter or margarine
- freeze-dried strawberries - made fresh strawberries and can be found in. your grocery store, often in the baking aisle
- Mini marshmallows
- Valentine's day sprinkles
- Tiny marshmallows, (not pictured but I use these.)
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can substitute white chocolate chips or white almond bark for the white candy melts.
- Add some chocolate chips to the mix or make chocolate dipped rice Krispie treats
- Use pink candy melts or red candy melts in place of the white melts.
- You can make these heart-shaped using a heart cookie cutter.
How to Make Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
The full recipe instructions for this recipe are in the recipe card below, but here is a step by step overview of the recipe
Step 1 - Melt butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan on medium-low heat.
Step 2 - Add cereal mixture to melted marshmallows.
Step 3 - Fold in strawberries to the mixture.
Step 4 Add tiny marshmallows.
Step 5- Pour into prepared pan, and spread into an even layer.
Then cut with a sharp knife for serving.
They are a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day,.
Store the leftover snack mix in an airtight container or in mason jars for gift giving.
Strawberry Rice Krispies are not only the perfect treats for a dessert, they also make a great gift idea or lunch box treat. Double the recipe and send home as a party favor or as a fun Valentine's treat for friends.
These keep about 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container.
No, these can be stored at room temperature.
No, I would not recommend that as fresh strawberries have too much water.
More Festive Treats for Valentine's Day
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
More Strawberry Desserts
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- large saucepan
- 13-inch pan
- Rubber Spatula
- 3 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 4 cupss miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 package dehydrated strawberries chopped
- Pink sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows a cup at a time and stir until well blended.
- Turn off heat when marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal to marshmallow mixture slowly and stir with a buttered spoon or spatula to combine.
- Fold in dehydrated strawberries
- Place in a large (buttered) baking pan.
- Top with pink sprinkles and let set before cutting.
- Cut into squares.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!