This Chex Valentine Mix is a delicious and easy way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Made with just a handful of ingredients, this valentine’s day chex mix recipe is easy to make in minutes.
Why Make This Recipe
Simple This easy recipe is made with just 5 simple ingredients. It is also a no bake recipe and is an inexpensive great treat snack idea.
Delicious The salty and sweet combination makes for a perfect tasty snack. It is a nice mix to enjoy while watching tv or movies too.
Fun This festive recipe makes for the perfect valentine’s day snack mix. Whether you make this for a valentine's day parties or for your family, it is a fun sweet treat to celebrate the season. For a party, you can divide the treats into decorative cellophane bags with a tag for a lovely gift idea.
- Chex Mix
- white chocolate chips
- Valentine's day sprinkles
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can substitute white candy melts or white almond bark for the white chocolate chips.
- Substitute corn chex for the rice chex or use a little of both for a new combination.
- Add some chocolate chips to the mix.
- Add some food coloring to the white chocolate chips and make it pink.
The full recipe instructions for this recipe are in the recipe card below, but here is a step by step overview of the recipe
Step 1 - Combine cereal in a parchment or wax paper lined pan,
Step 2 - Melt the chocolate chips or bark in the microwave per package directions. Drip half of the mixture over the cereal.
Step 3 - Add a layer of pretzels.
Step 4 Add the remaining melted chocolate.
Step 5- Top with chocolate candies and sprinkles. Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until set.
Then break apart for serving.
Store the leftover snack mix in an airtight container or in mason jars for gift giving.
This salty and sweet Chex mix is great for a party favor. Double the recipe and send home as a party favor or as a fun Valentine's treat for friends.
About 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container.
No, it is a little different in that puppy chow is coated in powdered sugar.
I would not recommend freezing, it just doesn't keep as well.
More Festive Treats for Valentine's Day
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Chex Valentine Mix
- Large Bowl
- small microwaveable bowl
- wax paper or parchment paper
- 13-inch pan
- Serving bowl
- 4 cups chex cereal we used rice chex
- 3 cups honey nut cheerios
- 2 cups twist pretzels
- ½ cup pink Valentines M&Ms
- ¼ cup Valentines sprinkles
- 24 oz. white chocolate chips
- Add a piece of parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss together chex cereal pieces, cheerios, and pretzels.
- Add about half of the cereal mixture to the baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips on 20 second intervals, stirring well between, until melted.
- Drizzle about half of the chocolate over the first layer of the cereal/pretzel mix.
- Add the remaining mix to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the rest of the chocolate over top of the new layer.
- Sprinkle with Valentines sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Move to the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- After the chocolate has set, break the mix into smaller pieces & enjoy.
- Serve at room temperature