These simple reindeer treats are a fun holiday food idea! Reindeer donut holes are easy to make and just bring cheer to a breakfast or dessert table.
This is really more of a tutorial than a recipe, but since it is all edible I am calling it a recipe. These sure look cute for the holiday season!
Another week is in the books. As we near the end of the year, it feels like the weeks are going faster. This year we are missing all the holiday parties, but are making the best of it and the level of decor and celebration has been turned up a notch.
Today’s recipe is an easy one that adds a little fun to the table. These are cute for a holiday breakfast or brunch, or even a holiday tea party.
These just make me smile and also make a fun activity for kids to build their own.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our other festive holiday recipes:
- Reindeer Cookies – These cute cookies are so easy and fun to decorate.
- Holiday Trail Mix – A colorful trail mix that is perfect for enjoying or gift-giving.
- Slow cooker Hot Chocolate – A wonderful way to enjoy the aroma of chocolate in your kitchen.
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board – Step up the hot chocolate train and create a festive charcuterie-style board.
- Best Hot Chocolate – My favorite stovetop hot chocolate recipe.
- White Hot Chocolate – A wonderful White Chocolate version of hot cocoa.
This fun holiday treat is so easy to make – you just need a few ingredients.
List of main ingredients:
Donut Holes – These are essential for the reindeer. You can purchase from a donut shop or from the grocery store.
Pretzels – Mini-pretzels are recommended for this recipe as they are a perfect size.
Eyeballs– I always have a pack of these candy eyeballs in my pantry.
How to make Reindeer Treats
There are a few steps to make these, but I promise, they are all easy.
- Separate the donut wholes, and break apart the pretzels to create antlers.
2, Press one set of antlers in each ball, using two pretzels for each.
3. Using the icing, attach a pair of eyeballs to each ball.
4. Now you are going to add the nose with the red icing. Just make a little ball with the icing.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
Holiday Food Idea – Reindeer Treats
- 12 Donut holes of your choice (we chose glazed)
- Small pretzels
- Black Icing Color
- Red Icing Color
- Candy eyes
1. Break the pretzels to make them look like little antlers.
2.Press a pretzel antler on each side of your donut hole.
3. Attach the candy eyes using the black icing.
4. Draw on a nose using the red icing.
5. -Repeat the process for the remaining holes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.