This strawberry shortcake recipe shake is a fun and tasty twist on your classic plain old strawberry milkshake. It is a great Strawberry Shortcake McFlurry copycat recipe.
This is one of those epic milkshakes that are a perfect refreshment for a hot summer day. This recipe is simple, quick and delicious.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy Recipe. This fresh strawberry shake is simple to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. It is also a delicious treat for bbqs , pool parties and other outdoor gatherings.
Refreshing. A strawberry shortcake shake is cool and refreshing and the perfect summer treat to enjoy. It also make a fun treat for Valentine's Day with it's beautiful pink color.
Tasty. Like I said, this tastes just like the McDonald's Strawberry Shortcake McFlurry that cake out this spring. The vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce and shortcake pieces tasty delicious together.
- ice cream - use a creamy vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream
- shortbread cookies or shortbread biscuits
- milk (I used whole milk)
- whipped cream
- fresh strawberries
See full recipe on recipe card for quantities.
How to Make A Strawberry Shortcake Shake
The full recipe instructions for this copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview.
Step 1 - Scoop ice cream place ice in blender..
Step 2 - Add ice cream to blender.
Step 3 - Add remaining ingredients.
Step 4 - Blend on high speed about a minute. Pour into glass.
Hint: leave a few extra strawberries and crackers for garnish.
Substitutions & Variations
Here are some fun substitutions and variations:
- Angel Food Cake - You can use an actual slice of cake or pound cake in place of the shortbread cookies. It is a great way to use up leftover cake.
- Syrup - top with strawberry syrup drizzle for an added treat.
- Boozy Milkshake - Add an ounce of cake vodka to make this a boozy strawberry shortcake milkshake.
Just a few kitchen tools are needed for this recipe.
- cutting board
- milkshake glasses
Milkshakes should be enjoyed immediately after serving,
While a blender is the easiest way to make a milkshake, you can also use a hand mixer or even a whisk to combine the ingredients. However, using a blender will yield the smoothest results.
Vanilla is best for this recipe. Choose a premium ice cream for your shake.
To make your milkshake thicker, you can add more ice cream or use less milk.
More Frozen Treat Recipes
Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake - McFlurry copycat recipe
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup milk
- 4 strawberries; t(ops removed)
- 2 shortbread cookies
- Whipped topping for topping
- In a blender, add in ice, ice cream, strawberries, and milk. Blend well. If too thick add a little more milk.
- Add in i1shortbread cookie and blend well. (save second cookie for garnish).Note: you can use shortcake but it will have a spongy texture for better texture we used shortbread.
- Pour shake into a glass and top with shortbread and a strawberries. Serve!
I hope you enjoyed this easy strawberry shortcake milkshake recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!