This strawberry shortcake recipe shake is a fun and tasty twist on your classic plain old strawberry milkshake.
This is one of those epic milkshakes that are a perfect refreshment for a hot summer day. This recipe is simple, quick and delicious.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This fresh strawberry shake is simple to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. It is also a delicious treat for bbqs , pool parties and other outdoor gatherings.
A strawberry shortcake shake is cool and refreshing and the perfect summer treat to enjoy. It also make a fun treat for Valentine's Day with it's beautiful pink color.
This easy Taco Soup recipe is a wonderful lunch or weeknight meal idea. Made with all the flavors of a delicious taco, the result is a hearty, flavorful warming soup.This delicious taco soup does not take long to make and it goes wonderfully with warm tortillas or tLINK TO RECIPEWe are all about simple recipes for dinner here and this easy dinner idea is one I think you will love.
- ice cream - use a creamy vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream
- shortbread cookies or shortbread biscuits
- milk (I used whole milk)
- whipped cream
- fresh strawberries
See full recipe on recipe card for quantities.
How to Make A Strawberry Shortcake Shake
The full recipe instructions are in the card, but here is a step by step overview of the recipe.
Scoop ice cream place ice in blender..
Add ice cream to blender.
Add remaining ingredients.
Blend on high speed about a minute. Pour into glass.
Hint: leave a few extra strawberries and crackers for garnish.
Substitutions & Variations
Here are some fun substitutions and variations:
- Angel Food Cake - You can use an actual slice of cake or pound cake in place of the shortbread cookies. It is a great way to use up leftover cake.
- Syrup - top with strawberry syrup drizzle for an added treat.
- Boozy Milkshake - Add an ounce of cake vodka to make this a boozy strawberry shortcake milkshake.
Just a few kitchen tools are needed for this recipe.
- cutting board
- milkshake glasses
Milkshakes should be enjoyed immediately after serving,
More Frozen Treat Recipes
Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup milk
- 4 strawberries; t(ops removed)
- 2 shortbread cookies
- Whipped topping for topping
- In a blender, add in ice, ice cream, strawberries, and milk. Blend well. If too thick add a little more milk.
- Add in i1shortbread cookie and blend well. (save second cookie for garnish).Note: you can use shortcake but it will have a spongy texture for better texture we used shortbread.
- Pour shake into a glass and top with shortbread and a strawberries. Serve!
I hope you enjoyed this easy strawberry shortcake milkshake recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share easy recipes and celebration ideas for the season. I also share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Do you have a student going off to college this year? Or if you are a recent student, did I leave anything off of this list?