This Chicken Asparagus skillet dinner is one of those meals that requires only a little bit of preparation and a single skillet. Most of the ingredients are likely items you have on hand and the addition of asparagus makes it perfect for the season.
I made this the other evening after a day of watching football. Even though it is still preseason, football feels like fall to me. We do not get the beautiful fall colors on trees like our friends on the east coast will see. But it does bring cooler temperatures which mean football, and comforting casseroles. This was the perfect excuse to make one.
The natural lemon and garlic flavors in the dressing make for a wonderful and easy casserole recipe. With just a few ingredients, you can have dinner in the oven in no time.
I love using an Italian salad dressing to add zest to chicken., I loved how it complimented the flavors of the chicken and asparagus.
How to Make Chicken Asparagus
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- Brown the chicken in butter.
- Add asparagus.
- Add dressing mixture.
- Complete cooking.
All of the ingredients come together as it bakes in the sauce.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe.
Chicken Asparagus Casserole
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1.2 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1.Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Coat chicken tender pieces in flour.
3. When the oil is hot, fry each tender for about 4 minutes each side until light brown.
4. While chicken is frying, wash asparagus and cut off the rough ends
5. In a bowl, mix together soup, dressing, salt and pepper.
6. Place asparagus in the pan.7.. Pour the dressing and soup mixture over the chicken and asparagus.
7. Clover and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.