These easy football pizza pockets are perfect for a game viewing party! Football season has begun, and it is time to bring on all the fabulous food that goes with it! This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure policy here.
Hello Friends! I hope you enjoyed the long weekend as much as I did! This weekend we got together for a fun football gathering. Football is a lot more fun if you have a team to root for!
Today, I thought I would share these fun and festive Football Pizza Pockets. You will need a football-shaped cookie cutter to make these. But an Easter egg cookie cutter will work too!
Using refrigerated pizza dough, you can make mini pizza pockets. Just roll the dough on a floured surface, cut footballs out of crust dough.
Brush half of the footballs with pizza sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
Place the plain dough footballs over the ones with the pizza toppings. and seal by pinching the edges.
Use the remaining dough remnants to make laces and place on top of the pizza pies.
Bake on cookie sheet. The time will vary depending on the brand of dough used. It can be anywhere from 9-15 minutes so watch carefully. I would also recommend baking on parchment paper to avoid over baking.
You will want to have some pizza dipping sauce because the pockets will be a bit dough-heavy if you eat them plain.
Simple Football Pizza Pockets
- 1 can Refridgerated Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Using a football shaped cookie cutter, cut out footballs from pizza dough
- Set aside half of the footballs for tops
- Brush pizza sauce on each remaining football
- sprinkle each football with cheese
- Cover each football with dough
- Add football strings using scraps of dough
- Bake at 400 for 17-22 minutes
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Who are you rooting for this year?