This Sausage and Peppers pasta recipe is so easy to make, and it has a wonderful rich, flavor that reminds me of my travels to Italy. Wonderfully simple for a weeknight dinner, it is also a dinner to prepare for a weekend supper or dinner with extended family. When I was little, we would have a big Sunday evening dinners with my grandparents and my Italian aunt and we would gather around the table to enjoy her one of her fabulous authentic recipes.
My family loves pasta and it not only tastes good, the kitchen aroma always brings someone to the kitchen wondering what is going to be on the table for dinner that night. In this Sausage and Peppers pasta recipe,the flavors come together with ground Italian sausage, sweet onions and bell peppers in a thick and flavorful traditional pasta sauce.
your family will love it!
Sausage and Peppers Pasta
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage
- ¼ medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. penne pasta (1/2 an 8 oz box)
- 1 23 oz Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large stockpot, prepare penne pasta as directed
- Remove sausage from casing
- Brown sausage over medium heat in a frying pan
- Break up sausage while it browns.
- When sausage is brown, drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add oil and warm over medium heat.
- Add pepper, onion and garlic to pan.
- When onions are clear, add cooked sausage to pan.
- Add pasta sauce and basil and cook over low heat 7-9 minutes.
- Serve with cooked pasta
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
Does your family love pasta too? Be sure to check out this page for more simple recipe ideas using Ragu Homestyle Pasta sauces.