These Quick Weeknight Chicken Tacos are so good and come together in less than 30 minutes.
These quick weeknight chicken tacos are on my permanent dinner rotation and I make them about once every few weeks. I make the taco shells myself, but you can also make them with store-bought taco shells.
It starts with cooked chicken and you can use slow-cooked chicken, roasted chicken or a rotisserie chicken. I like to add a little seasoning to the cooked chicken if it was not prepared with any.
The taco shells are made by frying corn tortillas over medium heat in hot oil for a few minutes. The shells need to cool a bit before being filled, but then the chicken and lettuce and cheese are added.
Quick Weeknight Chicken Tacos Recipe
Quick Weeknight Chicken Tacos
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 to mato diced
- Season chicken with taco seasoning and warm on stove or microwave.
- Chop or shred chicken and set aside.
- Make taco shells while chicken is warming.
- In a frying pan, bring oil to medium high heat. Add tortilla and fold over.
- fry for about 30-45 seconds.
- Carefully turn shell over with kitchen tongs and cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- Let taco shells cool upside down on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Assemble taco by filling with about 2 tablespoons cooked chicken, 2 tablespoons lettuce, 1 tablespoon cheese and a few diced tomatoes.
We love these and they are best served with salsa and sour cream.
- Use a rotisserie chicken for a super quick dinner
- Substitute pre-made taco shells for hand made shells
- Save time with pre-shredded cheese and bagged shredded lettuce.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did!
Do you love tacos? What are you favorite kind?