This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMoment
A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit MAZOLA.com
This Mexican Chicken Soup is hearty and full of flavor. This tasty soup is light and filling with a wonderful spice! My family loves it and it is easy to make. I use a rotisserie chicken to save time putting it together. This soup is also known as Pozole.
I hope your week is off to a good start. We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and enjoying the changing season. I have also been incorporating lighter meals into our meal plan for the month.
Better living will be a little different this year. Looking for new recipes because meal prep can be challenging. A survey conducted by OnePoll found that 45% of respondents hope to diversify the types of cuisine they cook. However, it can be intimidating to gather the varied ingredients needed for new types of cuisines, especially when you want to choose better-for-you ingredients. To help with that, today I am sharing a delicious Mexican recipe to put together quickly.
I love simple recipes like this one because I can use fresh ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean-up is minimal. Additionally, I can reduce saturated fats and cholesterol in meals easily with simple swaps, such as substituting butter with Mazola® Corn Oil.
I also love the way all the flavors come together in a delicious meal in just minutes too.
This soup is wonderful so and is perfect for a chilly evening or a rainy day.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be made in about 30 minutes with just a few ingredients.
List of main ingredients:
- cooked chicken
- chicken stock
- Mazola® Corn Oil
When making any recipe, it is important to use good quality, whole ingredients. This is imperative for taste and makes all the difference so I am using Mazola® Corn Oil.
Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a heart-healthy* choice for your family. Variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing. You can reduce saturated fats and cholesterol in your meals easily with simple swaps, such as substituting butter with Mazola® Corn Oil.
How to Make Mexican Chicken Soup
1) In a food processor, blend tomatillos, onion, chilis, garlic, and cilantro.
2) Add the Mazola® Corn Oil to a medium pot over medium heat. Pour chili puree along with the cooked chicken.
3) Add the can of chicken stock and water, then whisk the puree into the larger pot.
4) Add chicken and hominy and cook until heated through.
5) Serve with a slice of lime and avocado.
Mexican Chicken Soup
- 2 tomatillos
- 1/2 onion
- 1 poblano or pasilla chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can 30 oz hominy, drained (or 2 15 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- avocado for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the half onion in fourths and trim chilis for the food processor.
- In a food processor, add tomatillos, onions, both chilis, garlic and cilantro. Pulse until smooth.
- Add oil to a medium pot over medium heat.t Add 1 cup chicken broth and chili puree. Whick until blended.Add salt and pepper.
- Cook puree for about 10 minutes until the mixture darkens.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add remaining chicken stock and water over medium heat. Add chicken and drained hominy. Then add the puree and stir until well combined and heated through.
- Serve with lime and avocado if desired.
How to Serve
This soup is that it is a delicious and filling meal in itself. You can add other toppings such as onions or cilantro if you like.
Mexican Chicken Soup
I hope you enjoyed this simple dinner idea. Be sure to check out these other Light recipes. Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe:
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of Mazola® Corn Oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in Mazola® Corn Oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, Mazola® Corn Oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of Mazola® Corn Oil.
*Corn oil is cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at Mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.
Are you trying to be kinder to your heart?